COVID-19: Neymar Laughs Off Reports Of New Year’s Party For 500

Must read

NYCN Lauds Yahaya Bello At 46

National Youth Council of Nigeria (NYC) has described Kogi State Governor, Alhaji Yahaya Bello as a beacon of hope for women and...

FG Names Mikel Obi Youth ambassador

Former Super Eagles captain, John Mikel Obi, has been appointed as Youth Ambassador by the Federal Government to inspire young Nigerians towards...

Buhari To Attend ECOWAS Mid-Year Summit In Accra

President Muhammadu Buhari will participate in the 59th Ordinary Session of the ECOWAS Authority of Heads of State and Government in Accra,...

#EndSARS: Kaduna Panel Ends Public Hearing With 69 Petitions

The Judicial Panel of Inquiry set up by the Kaduna State Government to investigate police brutality and other related extra-judicial killings in...

Neymar laughed off controversy Thursday over reports he was throwing a mega New Year’s party for 500 guests, posting a video online of preparations for what he called a “low-key dinner” with family and friends.

The superstar footballer has faced a flood of criticism in his native Brazil and beyond over reports that despite the coronavirus pandemic he was ringing in 2021 with a week-long bash for hundreds of people at his mansion outside Rio de Janeiro.

However, he took to Instagram several hours before midnight to show his New Year’s Eve plans, which he described as small-scale.

The 28-year-old Paris Saint-Germain striker posted a video of a dinner table that appeared to be for about 40 guests, decked out with white flowers and an empty chair between each place setting.

READ  COVID-19: FG Releases Passport Details Of 100 Banned Passengers

“Marvelous decoration for this beautiful, low-key little dinner at home, with social distancing,” he said.

“And it’s not for 500 people, ok?” he added with a laugh.

“Social distancing. Everyone tested,” he wrote in a caption.

Earlier, he posted videos of himself and his nine-year-old son getting what he called his “50th test” for the new coronavirus.

Neymar, who hasn’t played since injuring his ankle against Lyon on December 13, had previously avoided commenting on reports about his supposed party in the seaside town of Mangaratiba.

Rio de Janeiro state prosecutors have opened an investigation into the reports.

They said Neymar denied on Thursday hosting any party in Mangaratiba, according to news site G1.

The footballer has reportedly traveled to Santa Catarina state in southern Brazil to ring in the New Year there.

READ  COVID-19: Nigeria tests 420,543 samples in 24 hours … records 54,743 spike

His press office did not immediately respond to questions from AFP on his plans.

Brazil has the second-highest death toll in the pandemic, after the United States, with nearly 195,000 people killed by Covid-19.

Copyright DAYBREAK.

All rights reserved. This material, and other digital content on this website, may not be reproduced, published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from DAYBREAK NEWS.

More articles

1506 COMMENTS

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

Latest article

NYCN Lauds Yahaya Bello At 46

National Youth Council of Nigeria (NYC) has described Kogi State Governor, Alhaji Yahaya Bello as a beacon of hope for women and...

FG Names Mikel Obi Youth ambassador

Former Super Eagles captain, John Mikel Obi, has been appointed as Youth Ambassador by the Federal Government to inspire young Nigerians towards...

Buhari To Attend ECOWAS Mid-Year Summit In Accra

President Muhammadu Buhari will participate in the 59th Ordinary Session of the ECOWAS Authority of Heads of State and Government in Accra,...

#EndSARS: Kaduna Panel Ends Public Hearing With 69 Petitions

The Judicial Panel of Inquiry set up by the Kaduna State Government to investigate police brutality and other related extra-judicial killings in...