Third Mainland Bridge To Be Fully Reopened February 15 – Fashola

Must read

Nigerians detained in Saudi Arabia cry out for help, FG reacts

Some Nigerians detained in Saudi Arabia over expired visas and inability to renew their residency, have appealed for...

We Won’t Allow Anyone Cause Ethnic Crisis In Oyo – Gov Makinde

The Oyo State Governor ‘Seyi Makinde on Friday said his government will not allow anyone to cause ethnic tension or harass anyone...

Insecurity: Boko Haram regrouping in Nasarawa – Gov Sule raises alarm

Nasarawa Governor Abdulahi Sule has said that members of the dreaded sect, Boko Haram, are regrouping in the state and carrying out...

Victor Osimhen finally recovers from COVID-19

Napoli and Super Eagles striker, Victor Osimhen has finally recovered from coronavirus.  The Nigerian international, 22,  first tested positive...

The Minister of Works and Housing Babatunde Fashola has confirmed that the third mainland bridge will be fully reopened to traffic by February 15.

The Minister gave the update on Thursday during an inspection of construction work on major roads and bridges in Lagos State.

The Minister and his team visited the section of the Apapa-Oshodi expressway engulfed by fire when a petrol tanker burst into flames.

According to Fashola, a former Lagos State Governor, the partial closure of the third mainland bridge is delaying the scheduled maintenance on Falomo bridge.

“Once the third mainland bridge is reopened, we will move to Falomo bridge and replace the expansion joints,” he said.

The third mainland bridge has been partially shut since July 24 for repair works.

The bridge had been scheduled to reopen fully in January. But two weeks lost to the #EndSARS protests necessitated a push in the completion date, according to the Ministry of Works and its contractors.

The bridge is reputed to be the busiest, in terms of vehicular traffic, in the country.

More articles

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

Latest article

Nigerians detained in Saudi Arabia cry out for help, FG reacts

Some Nigerians detained in Saudi Arabia over expired visas and inability to renew their residency, have appealed for...

We Won’t Allow Anyone Cause Ethnic Crisis In Oyo – Gov Makinde

The Oyo State Governor ‘Seyi Makinde on Friday said his government will not allow anyone to cause ethnic tension or harass anyone...

Insecurity: Boko Haram regrouping in Nasarawa – Gov Sule raises alarm

Nasarawa Governor Abdulahi Sule has said that members of the dreaded sect, Boko Haram, are regrouping in the state and carrying out...

Victor Osimhen finally recovers from COVID-19

Napoli and Super Eagles striker, Victor Osimhen has finally recovered from coronavirus.  The Nigerian international, 22,  first tested positive...

FG finally confirms Madu as NSCDC Commandant General

A Deputy Commandant General of Nigeria Security and Civil Defence Corps (NSCDC), Hillary Kelechi Madu, has finally assumed office as the Acting...