x

B’Haram Attacks: Zulum Returns to Marte After Spending Saturday Night

…Commends FG for Swift Response to Plea

By Achadu Gabriel, Kaduna

Borno State Governor, Babagana Umara Zulum, returned to Marte on Thursday after spending a night in the community on Saturday. The visit was part of ongoing efforts to restore peace, rebuild trust, and foster sustainable development in the Lake Chad region.

Zulum, who left Maiduguri last week, has been coordinating security logistics and building resilience among residents affected by the recent surge in Boko Haram attacks.

Since last Saturday, the Governor has visited nine communities—Marte, Kala-Balge, Wulgo, Ngala, Lugumani, Gajibo, Koibe, Dikwa, and Ajiri—according to a statement by his media aide, Abdurraman Bundi.

During the visit, Governor Zulum held a closed-door meeting with military commanders to review modalities for restoring peace in Marte and surrounding communities.

“I am here to monitor the efficacy of our recent re-resettlement of residents. I am very happy to note that the community is fully back, and soldiers are on ground. Normal economic activities have resumed in Marte,” Zulum said.

He added, “I am very happy, and Insha Allah, normalcy will be restored soon.”

The Governor was accompanied by the members representing Marte, Monguno, and Nganzai constituencies in the House of Representatives—Engr. Bukar Talba; Commissioner for Local Government and Emirate Affairs, Sugun Mai Mele; Commissioner for Agriculture, Engr. Bawu Musami; Permanent Secretary of the Government House; and Barr. Mustapha Ali Busuguma, among other senior officials.

Governor Zulum also commended the Federal Government and the military for responding swiftly to his call for the protection of Marte from falling into the hands of insurgents.

He made the commendation on Thursday in Marte while speaking to journalists.

“The Federal Government and the Nigerian Armed Forces have responded positively to our request to enhance security in the affected communities. We have seen many troops and equipment deployed.

“I want to commend the Nigerian Armed Forces for the cooperation they have been giving us. Without their support, we couldn’t have done much. I once again commend all stakeholders who have contributed to our quest for peace and the restoration of normalcy,” he stated.

Hot this week

“There Was No Blueprint for Me” — Nigerians Slam Wizkid Over Claim He Created His Own Path

Nigerian music fans are debating fiercely online after Afrobeats...

Kogi Police Dismiss Rumour of Impending Bandit Attack, Assure Residents of Security

By Noah Ocheni, LokojaThe Kogi State Police Command has...

FG Launches ECOWAS Biometric Identity Card to Combat Cross-Border Crimes and Irregular Migration

By Francis WilfredThe Federal Government has strengthened its regional...

Monday, 24 November 2025

Premier League21:00 CET Man UtdvEvertonSerie A18:30 CET TorinovComo 20:45...

Bishop Kukah Says No Christian Persecution in Nigeria, Cites Misuse of Data and Genocide Claims

By Achadu Gabriel, KadunaBishop of the Sokoto Catholic Diocese...

North-West Security Summit: Gov. Uba Sani, Defence Minister Outline Strategies to Tackle Insecurity

By Achadu Gabriel, KadunaKey stakeholders from government, defence,...

FG Reaffirms Commitment to Eradicating Insecurity, Seeks Stronger Global Support – Akume

By Francis WilfredThe Federal Government has reiterated its...

FG Launches ECOWAS Biometric Identity Card to Combat Cross-Border Crimes and Irregular Migration

By Francis WilfredThe Federal Government has strengthened its regional...

Tinubu’s Swift Security Interventions Reflect Good Leadership — Amb. Tsoken

By Jabiru HassanThe National President of the APC Initiative...

Kogi Polytechnic Inaugurates New SUG and NAKOSS Leaders for 2025/2026 Session

By Noah Ocheni, LokojaKogi State Polytechnic, Lokoja, has inaugurated...

Related Articles

Popular Categories

spot_imgspot_img