Entertainment
Babcock University Denies Carter Efe’s Certificate, Threatens Legal Action Over Alleged Forgery
By Abigail David
Babcock University has disowned a certificate circulated online by comedian and content creator Carter Efe, describing the document as fake and warning that it is pursuing legal action over the alleged forgery.
In a statement issued on Monday, the university said the certificate did not originate from the institution and contained several inconsistencies with its official academic records and procedures.
The clarification followed Carter Efe’s claim during an interview with Egungun of Lagos that he graduated from the university with a First Class degree in Biochemistry.
Babcock University said it does not issue honorary certificates to recognise undergraduate academic performance and has never used the classification “First Class Upper” in its grading system.
The institution explained that academic achievements are recognised only through official degree certificates and transcripts issued by its Office of the Registrar.
The university also disclosed that it is taking steps to institute legal proceedings over the circulation of the alleged forged certificate, reiterating that the document shared online is not authentic.
Entertainment
Nollywood Stars Rally Support for Ogogo Amid Cancer Battle
By Abigail David
Nollywood stars have rallied behind veteran Yoruba actor Taiwo Hassan, popularly known as Ogogo, after his daughters appealed for urgent medical assistance as he battles stage-four cancer.
Actor and filmmaker Femi Adebayo urged the public to help the family connect with cancer specialists, hospitals and advanced treatment centres capable of reviewing Hassan’s medical records and recommending treatment options.
Adebayo stressed that the family was not seeking financial assistance, but medical expertise and direction.
Actress Toyin Abraham also shared a video of Hassan’s daughters, Lima and Kira Taiwo, on Instagram, urging people with possible medical connections to reach out to them.
The appeal followed emotional messages from the daughters, who said their father’s condition had deteriorated. They called on cancer specialists and medical facilities to consider his case and provide possible treatment options.
The daughters said Hassan had been unable to continue chemotherapy at his current hospital and appealed for another medical avenue that could give him a chance of recovery.
Hassan, 66, has spent more than four decades in the Nigerian film industry and has featured in over 300 movies, becoming one of the most recognisable figures in Yoruba cinema.
Entertainment
Osun Election: Davido says US officials have contacted him
By Abigail David
Afrobeats star Davido has claimed that officials linked to the United States Government have contacted him following concerns he raised about the forthcoming Osun State governorship election.
The singer made the claim in a social media post, saying, “Trump’s people have reached out,” while expressing excitement over the development.
However, Davido did not disclose who specifically contacted him, when the communication occurred or what was discussed.
The claim comes amid heightened political attention surrounding the Osun governorship election, with various stakeholders expressing concerns and opinions ahead of the poll.
Davido has previously used his social media platforms to comment on political developments, particularly those involving Osun State.
Entertainment
“It’s either I have my children or go to jail” – Mr Obasi reacts to ₦1bn lawsuit
By Abigail David
Mr Obasi, the estranged former husband of actress Judy Austin, has reacted to a reported ₦1 billion lawsuit, insisting that the legal action will not stop him from speaking about his alleged efforts to reconnect with his children.
In a video shared online, Obasi questioned why he was being sued over his public comments and continued to demand access to his children.
He also disputed an alleged claim in the lawsuit that he last contacted Judy in 2018, questioning what had happened between them since then.
Addressing the alleged defamation claims, Obasi said he would continue speaking about his experiences regardless of the legal consequences.
He also recounted an alleged encounter with Judy in Enugu, claiming they stayed at a hotel, discussed family matters and later visited Mr Bigg’s to purchase items for their children.
Obasi maintained that the lawsuit would not silence him, insisting that he would continue speaking until he is able to resolve what he described as the issue of access to his children.
-
News17 hours agoBUDGET OFFICE OF THE FEDERATIONRESPONSE TO THE 2026 U.S. DEPARTMENT OF STATE FISCAL TRANSPARENCY REPORT ON NIGERIA
-
News19 hours agoBeyond the ECOWAS–AES Divide: Rethinking Regional Cooperation, Peace and Security in West Africa
-
News19 hours agoTinubu Committed to Transforming Nigeria’s Electricity Sector, Says Power Minister
-
Crime16 hours agoNDLEA Arrests Alleged Cocaine Trafficking Kingpin at Lagos Airport
-
News20 hours agoMangu Killings: ADC Governorship Candidate Calls for Immediate Security Action
-
News19 hours agoTinubu Urges Politicians to Avoid Divisive Politics Ahead of 2027 Elections
-
News20 hours agoDelta to Train 1,000 Youths in Agribusiness to Boost Agriculture
-
News9 hours ago
24 Bandits Killed As Army, DSS, Vigilantes Foil Mass Kidnap in Katsina Community, Rescue Victims

You must be logged in to post a comment Login