x

COVID-19: NGF DG, secretariat staff in self isolation

The Director-General of the Nigeria Governors Forum,  Mr. Asishana Okauru, has said he, his wife and his entire household, have proceeded on self-isolation and would be undergoing coronavirus test.

In a statement made available to journalists in Abuja on Wednesday, Okauru said the self-isolation is as a result of his exposure to the Governor of Bauchi State, Mr. Bala Mohammed, during the last NGF meeting and the Nigerian Economic Council.

Mohammed had tested positive for coronavirus.

He also said all members of NGF secretariat that were exposed to the governor during the last NGF meeting will be observing self-isolation.  He encouraged all those who were invited to the NGF meetings for presentations to also do same.

Okauru said, “I wish to inform the general public that my wife together with my entire household will be proceeding on self-isolation. We are taking this action following my exposure to His Excellency, Governor Bala Mohammed of Bauchi State who (had) announced the positive outcome of his test for COVID-19.

“I attended different meetings of the NGF and the Nigerian Economic Council last week, which were also attended by the Bauchi State Governor. Consequently, my wife and I would be undergoing COVID-19 testing this week. All of the organizations to which my wife is affiliated have already begun ‘Work from Home’ in line with earlier Government directive.  In fact, through DAGOMO Foundation Nigeria Ltd/GTE, and in her personal capacity, my wife was already in the forefront of raising awareness around COVID-19.  She will continue to do same.

“All members of NGF secretariat that were exposed will be observing self-isolation. We encourage all those who were invited to the NGF meetings for presentations to also do same.  By our actions, we hope to encourage others who are exposed and not sure of their status to undergo self-isolation and make themselves available for the test, where applicable.

“At the NGF meetings held, all necessary precautions as advised by the Nigerian Center for Disease Control were taken, but we cannot make any assumptions about our status. We will self-isolate and take the stringent measures possible to protect the general public. Coronavirus is real. Please follow all NCDC guidelines for COVID-19 and stay at home unless you provide essential services.”

Hot this week

Editors Urge Government To Create Safe, Enabling Environment For Journalists

· Ask security agents to find missing Vanguard journalistAs...

EXCLUSIVE: Buhari orders probe of Isa Funtua, AMCON over keystone and Etisalat

Following the controversy generated by the leading opposition party,...

6 Signs your boyfriend thinks you are ugly -Take note of No. 2

They say there are three kinds of people; the...

2023: South-East, Middle Belt Forum Endorses Peter Obi

The South-East and Middle Belt Forum has endorsed the...

CSOs Inaugurate New Committee to Enhance Budget Accountability and Combat Corruption

• …CBIAMEC to Focus on Oversight, Transparency, and Effective...

Police Rescue Kidnapped Israeli Engineer in Taraba

The Taraba State Police Command, in collaboration with the...

PDP Chieftain Calls for EFCC Probe into Ebonyi Contract Racketeering

A chieftain of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) in...

BREAKING: Kevin De Bruyne Confirms Manchester City Departure

Kevin De Bruyne has officially announced that he will...

Wike dismisses rumours of collapse, says its a political gimmick to divert attention

By Joyce Remi-BabayejuThe FCT Minister, Barr. Nysome Wike on...

Ijoba Lande Reveals Payment After a Month on Set with Funke Akindele

Controversial Nollywood actor and comedian, Ijoba Lande, has shared...

Protesters Demand Suspension of FUOYE VC Over Alleged Sexual Harassment

Protesters gathered at the Federal Ministry of Education in...

Six Nigerians Among 0.8% of World’s Black Billionaires – Forbes

Black billionaires remain a small fraction of the world’s...
spot_img

Related Articles

Popular Categories

spot_imgspot_img