x

Bandits Kill 6 in Fresh Attack on Kaduna Community

 

Bandits have killed six people in an attack on Ewehko, also known as Unguwar Paul, a village in the Maro Ward of Kajuru Local Government Area, Kaduna State.

The assault took place around 2:14 PM on Monday, resulting in the deaths of five men and one woman. According to an unofficial source within the local council, the attackers also looted the village, setting fire to valuables, including farm produce and motorcycles, before retreating into the forest.

The source, who chose to remain anonymous due to fear of reprisal, expressed frustration over the recurring attacks in the area. “Another tragic incident has occurred in our community today. In broad daylight, terrorists launched a deadly assault on Ewehko,” the source said. “They set our belongings on fire. Six bodies have been discovered, and search efforts continue for others who may be missing in the surrounding bushes.”

Communities under Maro Ward, including Junction Maro, Ungwan Rogo, and Ewehko, have endured frequent and bloody attacks. “How can these criminals come as they like to kill, maim, kidnap our people, and destroy their valuables without any one of them being arrested? To us, both President Bola Tinubu, Governor Uba Sani, and all the heads of the security agencies have abandoned us. If not, they should summon the courage and stop this carnage now before it is too late,” the source warned.

This latest attack adds to a series of violent incidents in the area. Just last month, Ibrahim Gajere, the Chairman of the People’s Democratic Party (PDP) in Maro Ward and former Political Adviser to the Executive Chairman of Kajuru Local Government, Ishaya Zangson Okan, was killed in Maro.

Additionally, twelve people abducted from Iri village, near Maro, in 2023 remain missing. Their names are Ishaku Ayuba, Dogara Ayuba, Samaniya Donald, Azurfa Adauji, Monday Adauji, Agnes John, Abani John, Eunice Monday, Patience Adauji, Zakariya Adauji, Dorothy Adauji, and Donald Livinus. As of the time of filing this report, authorities have not issued a statement on the matter.

Hot this week

Natasha Osawaru Makes Heartfelt Promise to Husband Tuface Idibia

Politician Natasha Osawaru has publicly reaffirmed her commitment to...

Troops Intercept Drug Courier, Seize Over 108kg of Cannabis in Kogi

By Noah Ocheni, LokojaTroops of the 12 Brigade, Nigerian...

“There Was No Blueprint for Me” — Nigerians Slam Wizkid Over Claim He Created His Own Path

Nigerian music fans are debating fiercely online after Afrobeats...

Youths Involvement is Essential in Peacebuilding

By Raliat AbdulkadirIn Nigeria today, the youths make up...

Riyadh 2025: Yussuf Alli Credits Team Nigeria’s Historic Success to NSC Planning, Athlete Welfare

Team Nigeria’s Deputy Chef-de-Mission to the Riyadh 2025 Islamic...

NYA Appoints Seven New State Chairmen for North-West Zone

By Jabiru HassanThe Office of the National Vice President...

Bishop Kukah Says No Christian Persecution in Nigeria, Cites Misuse of Data and Genocide Claims

By Achadu Gabriel, KadunaBishop of the Sokoto Catholic Diocese...

North-West Security Summit: Gov. Uba Sani, Defence Minister Outline Strategies to Tackle Insecurity

By Achadu Gabriel, KadunaKey stakeholders from government, defence,...

FG Reaffirms Commitment to Eradicating Insecurity, Seeks Stronger Global Support – Akume

By Francis WilfredThe Federal Government has reiterated its...

FG Launches ECOWAS Biometric Identity Card to Combat Cross-Border Crimes and Irregular Migration

By Francis WilfredThe Federal Government has strengthened its regional...

Related Articles

Popular Categories

spot_imgspot_img