Category: News

You can add some category description here.

  • Gombe State Governor appoints an Igbo man as Special Adviser

    Gombe State Governor appoints an Igbo man as Special Adviser

    Gombe State Governor, Muhammadu Inuwa Yahaya has sworn-in an Igbo man, Prince Chidebelu Cornelius Ewuzie as the Special Adviser, Inter-Community Relations.

    Speaking during swearing-in ceremony at the Government House, Gombe, on Wednesday, October 14, the Governor described Inter-Community Relations as one area that need to be pursued with all vigour in order to ensure even development in the country.

    Governor Inuwa Yahaya also swore in Group Captain Peter Bitrus Bilal ( Rtd) as Special Adviser on Development Control and Enforcement. 

    He congratulated the appointees for distinguishing themselves and charged them to bring to bear their wealth of experience and expertise, saying their coming into the his administration will impact positively on the execution of Government policies and programmes. 

    He said the development control and compliance unit was established as part of his administration’s determination to transform Gombe State into a model.

    The Governor described Inter Community Relations as one area that need to be pursued  with all vigour, noting that the Special Adviser on Inter Community Relations, who is well known to many would use his office to unite not only the Igbo speaking community, but other ethnic nationalities resident in the state.

    Gombe State Governor swears in an Igbo man as Special Adviser

    In his response, Prince Ewuzie, popularly known as Chimack, thanked the Governor for finding them worthy to serve the state, assuring him of their loyalty and support in efforts to take the state to an enviable heights.  

    Gombe State Governor swears in an Igbo man as Special Adviser
    Gombe State Governor swears in an Igbo man as Special Adviser
    Gombe State Governor swears in an Igbo man as Special Adviser
  • #EndSARS: Thugs attempt to disrupt #EndSARS protest in Lagos

    #EndSARS: Thugs attempt to disrupt #EndSARS protest in Lagos

    Youths stage #EndSARS protest in Lagos (photos) » National » TRENDY PULSE  MEDIA

    Some hoodlums attempted to disrupt the peaceful EndSARS protest at Alausa, Lagos state today October 14. The protesters however apprehended and handed them over to the police.

    The hoodlums claim they were paid N10, 000 to disrupt the protest.

    Recall that some hoodlums also attacked #EndSARS protesters in Abuja

    earlier today. 

    Hoodlums attempt to disrupt?#EndSARS?protest in Lagos (videos)

    The thugs, who stormed the venue around 2pm on Wednesday, reportedly attacked the protesters with cutlasses and other dangerous weapons.

    The protesters had blocked a section of the Alausa road and were singing solidarity songs when their attackers suddenly appeared and disrupted their demonstrations.

    However, no life was lost as the protesters repelled the assailants.

    Thousands of youths across the country have in the last one week been protesting against the harassment and extrajudicial killings perpetrated mainly by the Special Anti-Robbery Squad of the Nigeria Police Force.

  • #EndSARS: Pastor Adeboye endorse #EndSARS protesters

    #EndSARS: Pastor Adeboye endorse #EndSARS protesters

    The General Overseer of the Redeemed Christian Church of God, Pastor Enoch Adeboye, has endorsed the #EndSARS protests rocking the nation.

    EndSARS: Pastor Adeboye Endorses Protest Against Police Brutality

    Adeboye said this in a tweet on Wednesday evening.

    The respected cleric tweeted, “Our daughters will not be able to prophesy and young men will not see visions if we don’t keep them alive.

    “I support the youths in this peaceful protest as they “speak up” to #EndPoliceBrutality #EndSARS #ENDSWAT.”

    Adeboye, who is a mentor to Vice-President Yemi Osinbajo, had earlier in the year embarked on a protest against the killings in several parts of the country.

    He had two weeks ago called for restructuring the country, a move which was criticised by the Presidency.

    Thousands of youths have been protesting against the extrajudicial killings by policemen perpetrated mostly by men of the Special Anti-Robbery Squad.

    The protests have continued despite the disbanding of SARS.

  • #EndSARS : Chaos as #EndSARS protesters gets attacked in Abuja

    There was pandemonium in the Federal Capital Territory (FCT) Abuja on Wednesday as #ENDSARS protesters were attacked by other groups against the campaign.

    Several persons were injured and vehicles vandalised as the invasion of the new groups led to a clash at the popular Berger Roundabout in Abuja.

    It was chaos as people scampered for safety and tried to defend themselves as the invading groups attacked the protesters with sticks and machetes, destroying vehicles and anything on their path.

    The situation held up vehicular traffic and business activity across the nation’s capital.

    Armed policemen and other security agents who were around could not contain the situation.

  • Tambuwal Calls On Buhari To Drop Onochie

    Tambuwal Calls On Buhari To Drop Onochie

    By Muhammad Goronyo,Sokoto


    Governor Aminu Waziri Tambuwal of Sokoto State has called on President Muhammadu Buhari (PMB) to withdraw the nomination of Mrs Lauretta  Onochie as a federal  Commissioner of the Independent National Electoral Commissioner (INEC).


    This was contained in a release signed and issued to newsmen in Sokoto by the Special Adviser on Media and Publicity to the governor, Muhammad Bello.


    Governor Tambuwal, he said made the call Wednesday when he swore-in the Chairman and members of the Sokoto State Independent Electoral Commission at the Council Chamber of the Government House, Sokoto.


    According to him, in the event that Mr President fails to withdraw Onochie’s nomination, he should know that the whole world is watching what is happening, thus appealing to the Senate to reject the nomination.


    “I am appealing to PMB to rise above sentiments and do the needful, go by the Constitution as President of Nigeria and not the President of the All Progressives Congress (APC) to withdraw the nomination of Onochie in the interest of this country.
    “We must be seen to be doing what will consolidate our gains in the electoral process, not what will, obviously, put us in reverse gear. This is individual is not only ultra-APC, partisan and; that is very clearly  someone that cannot be recommended for this office. I think Mr President should reconsider his position and respond to the comments of well meaning Nigerians who reject this nomination,” Gov. Tambuwal emphasized.


    Asking the President to go back and search for a more credible and competent person to occupy that office, Gov. Tambuwal, who is also the Chairman of the People’s Democratic Party- Governors Forum (PDP-GF) stated that “we should all know that as leaders, we are expected to live above board as there are some irreducible minimum expectations of Nigerians on us when it comes to certain things.


    “When you appoint someone who is very clearly a partisan individual into an electoral body, the signs are not too good; and they cannot be. Take it for anything else,” he added.
    He further added that: “I believe that the best legacy that PMB can live for Nigeria and indeed Nigerians is improvement upon our electoral process.


    “I have said this several times that if it is clear that the government has not done well in provision of infrastructure, economy, fighting corruption, fighting insurgent and insecurity in whatever form, the best for Mr President is that he lives the best legacy of being transparent and a credible electoral process,” he concluded.

  • Gov.Bello Flags Off The Distribution 100 tractors, Instructional Materials in kogi.

    Gov.Bello Flags Off The Distribution 100 tractors, Instructional Materials in kogi.

    By Noah Ocheni, Lokoja.

    Kogi state governor, Alhaji Yahaya Bello on Wednesday flagged off the distribution of 100 tractors for the 21 local councils to boost food production and some  instructional materials  to aide teachers in the state.

    Governor Bello while launching the tractors and  instructive materials  in Lokoja on Wednesday, said the incentives  were  meant  for the farmers, women  youths, teachers and pupils as part of their efforts to create employment and income for the people of the state.

    He stressed  that  the launching of the tractors was not the first of his administrative commitment to boost agriculture in the state as  such efforts to improve farming in the state commenced in 2017, with provision of farming implements to farmers.

    The government, according to him has created cluster value system where group of youth and women farmers are provided with implement, incentives and #2m each to engage in farming in their communities.

    “If we must end insecurity in the society, we must educate the young, the old and empower the youths, women by providing them the necessary materials or tools”, he said.

    He therefore advised the beneficiaries of the tractors and instructional materials to make judicious use of the provided materiald in order to achieve its purpose.

    In his opening address, the commissioner for Local government and Chieftaincy Affairs, BarriQster Salami Ozigi Deedat said the commissioning of the tractors is part of the government’s commitment to identify the basic and fundamental factors that will accelerate the socio-economic development of the landscape of the entire kogi .

    He pointed out that the distribution of 100 tractors to the 21 local government areas in the state was not only unprecedented in the history of kogi but a major revolution in the agricultural sector that has the capacity to guarantee food security in the state.

  • Cooking Gas Stations Flouting Govt. Regulations Faces Sanctions In Kogi – DPR

    Cooking Gas Stations Flouting Govt. Regulations Faces Sanctions In Kogi – DPR

    From Noah Ocheni, Lokoja

    The Kogi State Controller of the Department of Petroleum Resources ( DPR) Engineer Idris Mohammed Zangi has warned operators of Cooking Gas Stations and Petrol Stations across the state to adhere strictly to government rules and procedures to avoid being sanctioned.

    The Controller who gave the warning while speaking to our correspondent in his office in Lokoja, decried the incessant incidences of leaking tanks  of Cooking Gas Stations which has posed serious threats to the Citizenry adding “I will not hesitate to apply sledge hammers  against the erring operators”.

    Engineer Zangi who lamented at the flagrant disobedience of the operators to the rules and regulations guiding the siting, operation, management and sustenance of a gas station , insisted  that he will not rest on his oars to ensure the right things are done across the state.

    He pointed out that before his arrival in the state, most of the stations have no operating licences, code of operation as stations were littered within the residential areas, markets and School premises, built at inappropriate locations, causing untold hazards and fears to the residents.

    The controller added that on assumption, he embarked on  aggressive sensitisation using mass media and also toured stations across the three senatorial districts and directed those found culpable to get their documents regularised to avoid being blacklisted .

    Engineer Zangi who appealed to the people to promptly report any infractions at any station to his office to avoid being caught off guard, commended the security agencies especially members of the Civil Defence and Safety Corps in his drive to enforce sanity in the industry.

    The Controller’s warning is coming on the heels of recent petroleum tanker Explosion in Felele, Lokoja  in which over 30 persons loss their lives and  properties worth millions of Naira were  destroyed.

  • Arsene Wenger finally speaks on £40m plus 1 bid for Luis Suarez

    Arsene Wenger finally speaks on £40m plus 1 bid for Luis Suarez

    Arsenal boss, Arsene Wenger, has admitted it was “ludicrous” to approve a bid of £40million plus one pound in 2013, to land Luis Suarez from Liverpool.

    The Gunners were close to striking a deal with Real Madrid for Gonzalo Higuain, but Wenger shifted focus to Suarez after learning about a supposed release clause.

    Arsenal bid just £1 above the £40m mark after agreeing terms with the player.

    Liverpool rejected the offer, with owner John W. Henry infamously tweeting “What do you think they’re smoking over there at Emirates?”

    Wenger insists it was not Arsenal’s intention to annoy Liverpool, but simply to ascertain whether or not the release clause, which ultimately turned out to be bogus, was legitimate or not.

    In his new autobiography ‘Arsene Wenger, My Life in Red and White’, Wenger wrote: “In 2014 we were looking to get Luis Suarez over.

    “We had an agreement with the player and his agent. But the agent claimed that there was a clause: with an offer above £40 million, Liverpool would be obliged to let the player go.

     “But thanks to an indiscretion within Liverpool. I found out that his clause never existed. To check this was true, we offered £40,000,001. This may have seemed ludicrous, I admit.

    “But Liverpool did not want to sell Suarez, they could afford to keep him and there was already an offer from Barca on the horizon.”

  • #EndSARS: IGP bans checking of Nigerians’ phones, cars, others

    #EndSARS: IGP bans checking of Nigerians’ phones, cars, others

    Inspector-General of Police, Mohammed Adamu, has ordered police officers to stop checking citizens’ phones.

    For years, operatives had insisted on searching phones of Nigerians youths at checkpoints or any location.

    During such encounters at roadblocks or patrols, policemen, in most cases, forcefully snatch phones belonging to innocent citizens.

    They search through e-mails, text messages, as well as chats on WhatsApp, Facebook, Instagram and Twitter.

    The victim is then “billed” an amount to secure the release of the gadget. Any claim of right or refusal to pay could lead to severe beating, seizure of the phone – or both.

    A number of Nigerians have also complained of how police teams forced them to log into their bank accounts to view the balance.

    But Adamu, at a press briefing on Wednesday, announced that such an era is gone.

    “The issue of any Police unit going to look into people’s phones, which is supposed to be their private property, or looking at the type of vehicle they‘re using, or profiling them to see whether they‘re yahoo boys or not. That era is gone. It is not acceptable”, the IGP said.

  • Bishop T.D Jakes joins #EndSARS protest

    Bishop T.D Jakes joins #EndSARS protest

    Bishop of The Potter’s House, a non-denominational American megachurch,  Bishop T. D. Jakes, has reacted to the #EndSARS protest in Nigeria.

    Day Break reports that the protest continued after the disbandment of the Special Anti-Robbery Squad by the Inspector General of Police, Mohammed Adamu.

    In a tweet on Tuesday, October 13, the cleric wrote, ‘’ “Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere… Whatever affects one directly, affects all indirectly.” – Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.

    #EndSARS’’

    Others members of the international community have also joined the #EndSARS protest.

    Diddy, Burna Boy, Drake, Trey Songz and more artists around the world have joined Nigerian activists to share information to help the movement gain more international attention.