x

Education Secretariat declares zero tolerance to all forms of bullying in FCT Schools

By Joyce Remi- Babayeju

Against the backdrop of all forms of social devices in the FCT, the Secretary to Federal Capital Territory (FCT) Education Secretariat, Alhaji Sani El-Katuzu, has declared zero tolerance against bullying, cultism, harassment in schools as academic activities resumed.

El-Katuzu made the declaration when he led a management team to monitor schools resumption and level of compliance with COVID-19 preventive protocols on Monday in Abuja.

He said that the FCT Administration had put in measures to guard against actions or practices that could jeopardize academic activities in schools in the territory.

“If you listen to me while addressing student, I gave them a message to the rest of them who were not present that any students we cut bullying will be send out of school.” Adding that such students would not get admission into any school around the FCT where we have control over.

“We operate an administration that has zero tolerance for bullying, cultism and harassment of students in our schools,’’ El-Katuzu emphasized.

The secretary furthermore assured that adequate measures had been put in place to guarantee the security of students, teachers and other staff in all schools across the territory.

“I have seen a lot of security intervention in the schools and I intend to discuss with the FCT Minister, Malam Muhammad Bello, on how to intensify security around all our schools.”

“This will further safeguard our students, teachers and the rest of the staff,’’ he said.

Speaking on the level of compliance to the COVID-19 protocols, the El-Katuzu expressed satisfaction with the compliance in all the schools visited especially the used of face mask.

“All the schools we have visited so far we noticed that students observed the COVID-19 protocols and in particular for the wearing of face mask, I am impressed for now.

“The schools are just resuming, I can understand with some of the students but in some schools the rate of resumption is disappointing honestly.

Like the school of children with special needs I expect to see a lot of students around, however, it is normal you don’t expect all students to be in the school on the day of resumption,’’ he said.

Proprietor of Islamic Leadership Academy, Kuje, Dr Yahaya Muhammad, gave assurance that the school management would continue to ensure that staff and students adhere to COVID-19 protocols.

Muhammad, a former Chairman of FCT Secondary Education Board, said the school would not relegate any instructions from government or health institution with regards to the issue of COVID-19.

Other schools visited were; Government Secondary School, Kuje, First Universal Basic Education Primary School, Kuje.

Other schools visited include FCT School for Children with Special Need and Government Girl Science Secondary School, Kuje.

Hot this week

NYSC DG Urges Delta Corps Members to Respect Host Community Culture, Embrace Skills Training

By Anne AzukaThe Director-General of the National Youth Service...

Insecurity: Wike Supports “Operation Sweep” to Flush Criminalities out of Abuja

By Joyce Remi-BabayejuThe FCT Minister Barr. Nysome Wike has...

Breaking: Over 8,000 FCTA Civil Servants to write first CBT Promotion Exams

By Joyce Remi-BabayejuThe Federal Capital Territory Administration (FCTA)...

Pius Akutah’s Alleged Fraud at Nigerian Shippers Council Uncovered

Investigations by Nigerian Concord Newspaper reveal that the Executive...

Oborevwori Presents N1.664 Trillion 2026 Budget, Prioritises Infrastructure and Economic Growth

By Anne AzukaDelta State Governor Sheriff Oborevwori on Wednesday...

Tinubu’s Swift Security Interventions Reflect Good Leadership — Amb. Tsoken

By Jabiru HassanThe National President of the APC Initiative...

Kogi Polytechnic Inaugurates New SUG and NAKOSS Leaders for 2025/2026 Session

By Noah Ocheni, LokojaKogi State Polytechnic, Lokoja, has inaugurated...

NYSC DG Urges Delta Corps Members to Respect Host Community Culture, Embrace Skills Training

By Anne AzukaThe Director-General of the National Youth Service...

After 27 Years, Kaduna Engineer Wins Legal Battle Against KDSG Agency, Recovers Property

By Achadu Gabriel, KadunaA Kaduna-based engineer, Augustine Aneke, has...

Kogi Governor Ododo Unveils Tough New Security Measures to Tackle Rising Criminal Threats

By Noah Ocheni, LokojaKogi State Governor, Alhaji Ahmed Usman...

Bayelsa Government Announces Movement Restriction for Monthly Environmental Sanitation on Saturday

By Amgbare Ekaunkumo, YenagoaThe Bayelsa State Environmental Sanitation...

Related Articles

Popular Categories

spot_imgspot_img