x

FCT projects: Wike express satisfaction, says Guzape projects to be ready in May for public use

… Says no room for setback by individuals

By Joyce Remi-Babayeju

The FCT Minister, Barr. Nyesom Wike has expressed his satisfaction with the speed of work at some ongoing road projects at Guzape Lot B 1 and B2 along and CBN , adding that by May this year, the projects would be ready for public use.
Wike made this known on Thursday during the inspection of ongoing road projects at Guzape Lot 2 being handled by Gilmor and along the Construction Avenue being handled by Julius Berger Construction.

Speaking after the inspection, the minister said, ‘ This is part of our routine inspection of ongoing projects particularly projects that we promised the public and God willing we will deliver to them in May this year when these projects would have been completed. ”

“We are going round to see for ourselves whether they
are doing it right and from what we have seen so far they are doing it right.”

Meanwhile, the minister frowned at some setbacks on the construction site at Guzape where an individual stopped work.

He said, ” there is one setback that we have noticed that is stopping the further construction we are not going to take it lightly. This is not a private project , it is a public project handled by the Federal Capital Territory Administration , if there is any complaint we think that whoever is concerned should complain to us and not to go and use police to disturb a legitimate company constructing work for the use of the public which was approved by the Federal Executive Council.”

We have directed the contractors to go back and make sure they don’t heed to that so called stoppage .
They must go back to complete the work .And we are expecting to commission the work in May.

“Coming to the B 6 and B12 construction , we are happy with the work done by Julius Berger and just like we hear the company representative have said that by May they will hand over. ”

On the road project on CBN Construction Avenue, the ministry also frowned that the obstruction of the completion of the work, adding that most people who are in possession of approved land go beyond what was given them and they cause obstruction.

The minister further revealed that since President Bola Ahmed Tinubu came on board no work has stopped in all the sites, adding that by December 2nd , 2024 the remaining sites will be handed over to members of the public.

Speaking about the Senator representing the FCT, Sen. Ireti kingibe , the minister stated that he is not to carry any particular person along .
He said, “l am not here to carry any particular person along , I am here to work for the interest of the public.” As a Senator she represents the FCT, she is expected to make her contribution at the Senate. I don’t award contracts, contracts are awarded at the Federal Executive Council.”

I don’t think any particular person should be singled out to be carried along, the minister said.

Hot this week

Mikap Nigeria Ltd vs Keystone Bank: Dispute Over Alleged Debt Deepens

A legal dispute has emerged between Mikap Nigeria Limited...

GPF and Nigerian Faith Leaders Call for Urgent Action on Rising Violence

By Achadu Gabriel, KadunaFaith and community leaders from Nigeria...

NO ONE IS ABOVE GOD, NOT EVEN THE POPE – AONDOAKAA

Former Attorney General of the Federation and Minister of...

TY Danjuma Praises Trump for Spotlight on Middle Belt Insecurity at Plateau Varsity Event

Former Defence Minister, Lt.-Gen. Theophilus Yakubu Danjuma (retd.), has...

Bayelsa Governor Diri Urges Oil Firms to Support Prosperity Cup Football Tournament

Bayelsa State Governor, Douye Diri, has called on multinational...

Many Injured as Violence Erupts at APC Ward Congress in Oluyole

The All Progressives Congress ward congress in Oluyole local...

Gov Eno’s late wife’s Foundation empowers 53,000 in A’ibom

By Ogenyi Ogenyi,UyoAt least persons in Akwa Ibom has...

China Dazzles the World with Its Spring Festival

Olalekan A. BabatundeAs the lunar calendar ushered in the...

Gov Eno’s Late Wife’s Foundation Empowers 53,987 in Akwa Ibom

By Ogenyi Ogenyi, UyoNo fewer than 53,987 persons have...

Community Self-Defense Groups in Nigeria: Solution or Future Security Risk?

By Daudu Agaba Andrew SamuelAs insecurity continues to stretch...

Three Years of Impactful Services: Hazras Charity Foundation

By Abdullateef Abdulkadir.On the 15th of February, 2026, Hazras...

Motorists, Road Users Seek Increased Funding for (FERMA)

By Jabiru HassanMotorists and other road users have called...

FHQ Dominates 15th BIPOGA Swimming Competition With 15 Gold Medals

By Anne AzukaThe Police Force Headquarters (FHQ) dominated the...

Related Articles

Popular Categories

spot_imgspot_img