x

Kaduna: El-rufai probe C’tee to invites more people to testify

*Number of persons expecting to invite are not exhaustive

By Achadu Gabriel, Kaduna

The Chairman, Adhoc Committee set up by the Kaduna State House of Assembly to investigate financial records of loans and contractual obligations of immediate past Government under Malam Nasir El-Rufai, Lukman Henry Danjuma, said may receive multiple testimonies from those invited to appear before it.
The Committee chairman said that some testimonies succeeded in indicting persons not originally lined up for an invitation, who will be invited to appear before the committee based on the indictment.

Recalled that the committee was inaugurated recently by the Kaduna State House of Assembly to investigate the financial dealings of the 8-years administration of Governor Nasir El-Rufai, following an outcry by the incumbent Governor, Uba Sani, over the inability to pay salaries and complete contracts because of huge debts inherited.

Mr. Danjuma said the committee swung into action as soon as it was inaugurated, adding that some key persons have been invited and interviewed by the committee, and got testimonies from them which may lead to other testimonies after further investigation.

Fielding questions from newsmen after its sitting which lasted for hours into late night on Monday, the Committee chairman said all testimonies will be analysed before reaching final findings and reports.

“The Adhoc Committee was inaugurated by the Kaduna State House of Assembly to investigate financial dealings that have to do with loans and contractual obligations by the Kaduna State Government from 29 May 2015 to May 29, 2023.

“Since the committee was inaugurated, we swung into action and we have reached a stage where today, we have invited some key persons that we deem it necessary to have them interviewed so that we can get testimonies as to aid to get to an appropriate conclusion. So that we can give a justified report of our committee.

“Our remarks is that the entire session was open. Anybody that came took an oath to know that we are serious. That whatever is told must be honest. I think I’m happy that there have been honest and frank discussions between us and those that appeared before us.

“We have not reached findings yet. Just because of testimonies, you have to go and analyze whatever that has been said before us before we reach findings. Don’t worry. By the time we are done, we will invite the press to the final reports.

“The job of the committee is to investigate financial dealings that have to do with loans, contractual obligations and so on and so forth to unravel whether there were any misdemeanours.

“The number of persons we are expecting to invite are not exhaustive. Depending on the evidence we heard from those before us, there might be people that may be invited on the bases of the testimonies that we are receiving from those that have been invited. So, I cannot say this is the particular number that we are envisaging,” Danjuma said.

Our correspondent gathered that those invited so far included the former Commissioner the Ministry of Public Works and Infrastructure, Thomas Gyang; former commissioner Ministry of Education, Ja’afaru Ibrahim Sani; former Agric commissioner, Dr. Manzo Daniel Maigari; Commissioner/administrator Zaria Metropolitan Authority, Balarabe Aliyu; the former managing director of Kaduna State Roads Agency (KADRA), Engr. Mohammed Lawal Magaji; Administrator, Kafanchan Metropolitan Authority, Phoebe Yayi Sukai; among others.

Hot this week

Editors Urge Government To Create Safe, Enabling Environment For Journalists

· Ask security agents to find missing Vanguard journalistAs...

EXCLUSIVE: Buhari orders probe of Isa Funtua, AMCON over keystone and Etisalat

Following the controversy generated by the leading opposition party,...

6 Signs your boyfriend thinks you are ugly -Take note of No. 2

They say there are three kinds of people; the...

2023: South-East, Middle Belt Forum Endorses Peter Obi

The South-East and Middle Belt Forum has endorsed the...

INEC Collapses Plans to RecallSenator Natasha in Kogi

By Noah Ocheni, LokojaThe Independent National Electoral Commission, (INEC)...

BREAKING: Renewed Hope Proactiveness In Tackling Emergencies Commended.

By Jabiru Hassan.Less than 24 hours of the sad...

INEC Rejects Petition to Recall Senator Natasha in Kogi,

By Noah Ocheni, LokojaThe Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC)...

Delta 2027: No Vacancy In Govt House, says Guwor

By Anne Azuka Speaker, Delta State House of Assembly, Rt...

Rainstorm destroys over 70 houses  in Langtang South LGA of Plateau

By Isreal Adamu, Jos No fewer than 70  houses and...

Plateau govt fumes as gunmen kill 10 persons in Bokkos LGA 

By Israel Adamu,Jos At least, 10 persons were killed on...

SOSG seeks partnership to revive moribound industries 

By Muhammad Ibrahim, Sokoto Gov  Ahmed Aliyu says his administration...

Governor Skkoto bags ANCOPS’s Excellence Award In Education

By Muhammad Ibrahim, Sokoto The All Nigerian Conference of Principals...
spot_img

Related Articles

Popular Categories

spot_imgspot_img