x

Land recovery: Wike orders security agents to Protect Demolition Squad

By Joyce Remi-Babayeju

The FCT Minister Barr. Nyesom Wike has ordered relevant security agents to give full protection to the demolition squad during the demolition exercise to ensure total recovery from land grabbers.

Wike gave this order when he visited the site of illegal development alongside the Guards Brigade Commander, Director FCT Department of State Security, Commissioner of Police, the Commandant, NSCDC and other FCTA officials.

The Minister who vowed that all lands must be recovered from land grabbers, expressed shock that surposed developers could move into the site and commence development without relevant approvals.

Wike ordered the Security operatives to ensure that all threats around the areas were removed to pave ways for the Squad battling to recover the land already dotted with about 50 duplexes and bungalows of different designs.

He challenged the developers who claimed to have necessary documents and approval to come up with such and present their case.

The minister stated that his administration would not condone any act of illegal acquisition of lands and contravention of procedures of development.

Director, Department of Development Control, Muktar Galadima last week disclosed that the demolition exercise was targeted at recovery of land use contraventions especially in notorious land grabbing spots in Lugbe, Idu Train Station, which is now part of Gosa and Kyami, Apo Tarfi respectively.

Galadima said, “We are here for a removal exercise today at Sabon Lugbe Southwest area, which is part of the phase five district of the Federal Capital City (FCC). We just started with just about 10 structures, but tomorrow we are coming back in full swing.”

“And recall that sometimes back we warned that we are going to bounce on land grabbers. So this is in continuation of the enforcement exercise.”

“We want to inform the general public that for any person to buy any property in Abuja, please ensure that it is rightly titled property with an approved development plan, but failing to do so, you could fall into the hands of these land grabbers, and please don’t blame the FCTA.”

“There are areas that these land grabbers are really having their feed day. They Idu Train Station, which is now part of Gosa and Kyami, Apo Tarfi area and Lugbe. And today we are in Lugbe, and we will continue as it is a continuous exercise. So, illegal developments will not be entertained. ”

“The people that are deceiving them that they are going to be integrated into the phase 5 of the FCC should be warned and bewared. There is nothing like integration. Illegality is illegality, and we will continue to remove them.”

Hot this week

Air Bayelsa Makes Maiden Commercial Flight as State Unveils First-Owned Aircraft

Bayelsa State on Tuesday marked a historic milestone with...

FCTA Says Abuja Early School Closure is Fake

… Mandate Secretary Suspended.By Joyce Remi-BabayejuThe Federal Capital Territory...

Tinubu’s Swift Security Interventions Reflect Good Leadership — Amb. Tsoken

By Jabiru HassanThe National President of the APC Initiative...

Kogi Polytechnic Inaugurates New SUG and NAKOSS Leaders for 2025/2026 Session

By Noah Ocheni, LokojaKogi State Polytechnic, Lokoja, has inaugurated...

NYSC DG Urges Delta Corps Members to Respect Host Community Culture, Embrace Skills Training

By Anne AzukaThe Director-General of the National Youth Service...

After 27 Years, Kaduna Engineer Wins Legal Battle Against KDSG Agency, Recovers Property

By Achadu Gabriel, KadunaA Kaduna-based engineer, Augustine Aneke, has...

Kogi Governor Ododo Unveils Tough New Security Measures to Tackle Rising Criminal Threats

By Noah Ocheni, LokojaKogi State Governor, Alhaji Ahmed Usman...

Bayelsa Government Announces Movement Restriction for Monthly Environmental Sanitation on Saturday

By Amgbare Ekaunkumo, YenagoaThe Bayelsa State Environmental Sanitation...

Related Articles

Popular Categories

spot_imgspot_img