x

My life under threat, I’ve evidence VP withdrew N13bn from NEDC – Whistle blower raises alarm

By Avhadu Gabriel, Kaduna

Kanuri Born activist and Director, General Center for Justice on Religious and Ethnicity Nigeria, Rev. Kallamu Musa Ali Dikwa has raised the alarm of alleged threat to his life by suspected government officials over his recent revelation.

Rev. Ali Dikwa, in a recent press release revealed that northeast political leaders have turned the North East Development Commission (NEDC), into a cash cow, alleging that the Vice President, Kashim Shettima alone withdrew N13 billion from the commission without the consent of President Bola Tinubu.

Titled: The aftermath of my recent press releases especially on NEDC, is the milking cow to the northeast political cohorts, amongst others”. The whistle blower and Kanuri rights activist said that his life has come under threats especially by politicians from kanuri dynasty who happened to be his own brothers.

In a statement dated 26th March, 2024, personally signed and made available to our correspondent recently, Rev Ali Dikwa alleged that he had several attacks on phone calls and physical abuse in Maiduguri his home town and outside, adding that he has evidence of the N13b withdrawn by VP Kashim Shettima from the NEDC account.

“No doubt, every sane man or woman that come across my recent press releases will know my life will come under attack especially from the politicians from kanuri dynasty who happened to be my brothers.

“I had several attacks on phone calls and physically in Maiduguri my home town and outside. I have evidence about the N13b withdrawn by the VP Kashim Shettima from the NEDC account.

“I just visited the office of the NEDC to get her statement account to boost my evidence but the officials refused to give hence I wrote to President Bola Ahmed Tinubu to setup a committee to investigate the matter on 11/03/2024 and was acknowledged same date”, stated.

He also stated that “Upon the expiration of the tenure of the current Managing Director of NEDC last year under former President Bihari, appointment of new MD was done by President Bihari, but was nullified by the VP Kashim Shetima and retained his boss and kingsman by force.

“Few days after, some unknown persons called me on phone threatening if I didn’t withdraw the letter written to Mr President, i will see what will happen to me. On Friday, 22/03/2024 one Samaila Ayuba called me on phone and asked me that he is going to link me with one of the vice president Kashim Shettima media officer one Mr. James Bwala, to understand ourselves on the matter to which I told him no, because I know they have been trying to get me hurt by all means but they have failed that is why they decided to go to the press to debunk my assertions on the facts.

“Those going to the press are the boys of VP Kaahim Shetima and the NEDC boss which is a most for them to defend their bosses to protect their food against all odds”.

He therefore still plead with Mr President to investigate excesses in the NEDC and Nigerians will know the destroyers of the country.

” I’ll not sweep this, one of the caller said “they are the ones controlling the president and the presidency and nothing will happen” Mr President can prove the caller wrong, by only investigating NEDC and that can do that or otherwise”, he emphasized.

Hot this week

Delta State Pledges Economic Growth and Unity Ahead of 2nd Niger Delta Games

By Anne AzukaGovernor Sheriff Oborevwori of Delta State has...

Uzor Arukwe Denies Allegations Linking Him to Bambam’s Marriage Rumours

Nollywood actor Uzor Arukwe has denied social media claims...

ICAN Commends EFCC Chairman Olukoyede for Anti-Corruption Achievements

By Francis WilfredThe President and Chairman of the Institute...

Kano Speaker Extends Condolences Over Singa Market Fire

By Jabiru HassanThe Speaker of the , Rt. Hon....

Northern Stakeholders, Coalition Stage Anti-Elrufai protest in Kaduna

...Urges his detention till proper investigationBy Achadu Gabriel,...

NCC Seeks Stakeholders’ Inputs on National Telecoms Policy Review

The Nigerian Communications Commission (NCC) has called on interested...

Terrorism Spillover from the Sahel: What Nigeria Must Prepare For

By Emmanuel Samdave OnucheThe Sahel has emerged as the...

Prosperity Cup Organisers Train Referees Ahead of Tournament

Organisers of the , popularly known as the Prosperity...

Ramadan, Lent: 90 Convicts Freed in Kaduna as Gov Sani Calls for Unity

By Achadu Gabriel, KadunaGovernor of has approved the release...

Pay 1% NCDF Levy or Risk Loss of Approvals, NCDMB Warns

The (NCDMB) has reiterated that payment of the one...

Political Stalwarts in Ukwa East Defect to Labour Party

By Okechukwu Keshi UkegbuThe in has recorded a fresh...

Relief for Former Councillors in Abia as Payment of Arrears Begins

By Okechukwu Keshi UkegbuFormer councillors who served in local...

Related Articles

Popular Categories

spot_imgspot_img