x

N-Power: FG receives over 1m applications in the last 48 hour

The Federal Ministry of Humanitarian Affairs, Disaster Management, and Social Development has said over 1 million applications have been received from across the Federation in less than 48 hours that it opened the N-Power (Batch C) portal.

This was contained in a statement signed on Sunday by the ministry’s Deputy Director, Information, Rhoda Iliya.

The enrolment exercise for the new N-Power beneficiaries commenced on June 26.

Iliya said youths with no formal education could send in applications for a new aspect of the programme with a focus on agriculture.

“The Ministry wishes to reiterate that all young Nigerians between the ages of 18-35 with or without formal education can apply for a slot in the new program which would be very focused on agriculture.

“The number of applications so far received is an indication of the number of our youths who need jobs and the confidence in the program.

“The Ministry will continue to collaborate with its technical partners to provide timely support to all applicants. The selection process would be fair and transparent and the public would also be carried along at every stage,” she said.

The N-Power Programme was inaugurated by the President, Major General Muhammadu Buhari (retd.), in 2016 under the National Social Investment Programme.

The aim of the programme was to lift citizens out of poverty through capacity building, investment and direct support.

Hot this week

‘Single Mother Stigma Only Applies to Poor Women’ – Mercy Eke

Nigerian reality TV star and Big Brother Naija Season...

Insecurity: Wike Supports “Operation Sweep” to Flush Criminalities out of Abuja

By Joyce Remi-BabayejuThe FCT Minister Barr. Nysome Wike has...

Ododo Meets Defence Chiefs, Police IG, DSS DG to Strengthen Security in Kogi

By Noah Ocheni, LokojaKogi State Governor, Alhaji Ahmed Usman...

Court Bars Police, IGP From Harassing Owners of Nestoil Premises

A Federal High Court in Abuja has restrained the...

“I have never been as unsure of Nigeria’s future as I am now”–Bishop Kukah

By Achadu Gabriel, KadunaKukah, in a statement widely...

Bishop Kukah Says No Christian Persecution in Nigeria, Cites Misuse of Data and Genocide Claims

By Achadu Gabriel, KadunaBishop of the Sokoto Catholic Diocese...

North-West Security Summit: Gov. Uba Sani, Defence Minister Outline Strategies to Tackle Insecurity

By Achadu Gabriel, KadunaKey stakeholders from government, defence,...

FG Reaffirms Commitment to Eradicating Insecurity, Seeks Stronger Global Support – Akume

By Francis WilfredThe Federal Government has reiterated its...

FG Launches ECOWAS Biometric Identity Card to Combat Cross-Border Crimes and Irregular Migration

By Francis WilfredThe Federal Government has strengthened its regional...

Tinubu’s Swift Security Interventions Reflect Good Leadership — Amb. Tsoken

By Jabiru HassanThe National President of the APC Initiative...

Kogi Polytechnic Inaugurates New SUG and NAKOSS Leaders for 2025/2026 Session

By Noah Ocheni, LokojaKogi State Polytechnic, Lokoja, has inaugurated...

Related Articles

Popular Categories

spot_imgspot_img