x

Unknown Gunmen kill three in fresh attack on A’ Ibom community.

No fewer than three persons were reportedly killed yesterday morning during a fresh attack on Inen community, Oruk Anam Local Council by unknown gunmen.

It was gathered that the victims were killed in their different houses after they were robbed by some hoodlums who arrived the community in a motorcycle convoy.

An eyewitness, Johnson Akpakpan told newsmen that the first house the hoodlums attacked was the same place where a victim of last year’s cult clash Mrs Choice Etuk was almost killed but rescued through the intervention of the governor’s wife Dr Martha Emmanuel.

Akpakpan said the hoodlums accosted Etuk’s step son before they killed him and escaped with the victim’s brand new motorcycle.

“The hoodlums whom we suspect to be cultists from neighbouring communities proceeded to Elder Sunday Jumbo’s compound and killed the second person before they killed the third victim and bolted away with a “POS” machine.” He narrated.

Another eyewitness who pleaded anonymity however said, “I cannot establish whether the group is Debalm or Iceland confraternities. But we are suspecting that they are not robbers . If they were robbers , they would have collected the motorcycle , money and ” POS” machine without killing the victims.

“We are shocked that this incident has returned to our community after the whole village was deserted last year because of cult related killings. We don’t want to do again , we are living in fear now, nobody knows what will happen next.” He lamented .

Meanwhile, the Chairman of OrukAnam Local Council, Mr Kingsley Frank has mobilized a joint security team to restore peace in the area with an ultimatum to all cultists in the community to fetch out the perpetrators of the crime.

Contacted, the State Police Public Relations Officer, Odiko Mcdon confirmed the incident but explained that there were conflicting reports regarding the number of victims in the incident.

” There is a conflicting report concerning the number of victims involved. But as a command, we have commenced investigation to avert more killings . We are out to establish the cause of the incident . We are determined to ensure that the culprits are brought to book.” Macdon said.

Hot this week

Relief for Former Councillors in Abia as Payment of Arrears Begins

By Okechukwu Keshi UkegbuFormer councillors who served in local...

Pay 1% NCDF Levy or Risk Loss of Approvals, NCDMB Warns

The (NCDMB) has reiterated that payment of the one...

FCT Council Election: I ‘ll only Back “Asiwaju ‘s” Supporters—Wike

By Joyce Remi- BabayejuThe FCT) Minister, Barr. Nyesom Wike,...

Spring Festival: Tegbe Congratulates China, Backs Deeper Economic Integration

The Director-General of the Nigeria–China Strategic Partnership (NCSP), Joseph...

Kaduna Governor Restores State-Sponsored Christian Pilgrimage After 11-Year Suspension

Christian leaders and intending pilgrims in Kaduna State have...

Kano Assembly Speaker Extends Ramadan Greetings to Muslim Faithful

By Jabiru HassanThe Speaker of the , Rt. Hon....

Kaduna Gov Uba Sani Pledges No Demolition Without Compensation

By Achadu Gabriel, KadunaKaduna State Governor, , has assured...

YDV Commends Tinubu’s Security Measures, Urges Increased Focus on Kwara State

The socio-political organization, (YDV), has commended President for his...

Union Newspapers Alleges El-Rufai Dragged Them to Court for Six Years Over N90bn Asset Report

By Achadu Gabriel, KadunaThe has accused former Kaduna State...

FERMA Proposes ₦229.999 Billion 2026 Budget, Calls for Enhanced Legislative Support

By Jabiru HassanThe (FERMA) has submitted a proposed budget...

Defence beyond Guns: Why Human Life Matters 

    By Abu Jemimah Lami Defence is often imagined...

Press Release

Amotekun Condemns ‘Gestapo-Style’ Arrest of Operative by Zone 11...

Related Articles

Popular Categories

spot_imgspot_img