x

Wike puts N 20m bounty on arrest of two remaining kidnappers, charges Police CP to fish them out

By Joyce Remi-Babayeju

Three FCT Minister, Barr. Nyesom Wike on Wednesday put a N20 million bounty on the heads of the two remaining criminals still at large to be arrested, either dead or alive.

Wike placed this bounty this during his first visit to the FCT Police Command when some arrested criminals were publicly displayed.

Wike who emphasized the money placed on the heads of the remaining criminals said,” You say it is remaining about two or three more persons to be arrested, let me put money on their heads, wherever they are send your men after them wherever they are , I will give them N20 million, go and fish them out from wherever they are, use that money in their head I want to see them dead or alive.”

The minister who commended the FCT Police Command promised to support the police with more vehicles and communication gadgets to aid their intelligence gathering and arrests of more criminals in the territory.

“We will do everything humanly possible to provide all that you require to fight crime and criminality in FCT. We believe in the next few weeks you will get more vehicles, more communication gadgets that will enable you and your men to face these criminals.”

“And let me assure the residents of FCT that with the support of Mr. President we are fully prepared to face them, adding that the time has come, every day is for the thief , the next day is for the owner of the house.”
The minister further enjoined the residents to see the police as their friend by providing information.

“Information is key. Without information, there is nothing the police can do . I urge you to still do more in intelligence gathering. It is intelligence that has led to these arrests.”

The FCT Commissioner of Police, Bennett Igweh disclosed that the so far some groups consisting of eight members of one – chance have been arrested , while acting on credible intelligence reports including arrest of the most wanted gang of kidnappers terrorizing the FCT.
Furthermore, the head of a syndicate gang of criminals operating with their wives over the years were arrested after they both collected the sum N 2 million each on behalf of their husbands.
They are responsible for the kidnappings and killings at Kabusa, Defense estate and environs, Igweh said.
End

Hot this week

Troops Arrest Air Force Personnel in Kogi for Alleged Arms Trafficking

By Noah Ocheni, LokojaTroops of the 12 Brigade,...

Court Bars Police, IGP From Harassing Owners of Nestoil Premises

A Federal High Court in Abuja has restrained the...

English Premier League Table

Season 2025–26RankClubMPMatches playedWWinsDDrawsLLossesPtsPointsGFGoals scoredGAGoals againstGDGoal differenceLast 5Last 5 matchesUEFA Champions...

Kaduna Climate Experts Set to Discuss Return of Monthly Sanitation Exercise

By Achadu Gabriel, KadunaClimate experts in Kaduna will on...

A”Ibom community condemns campaign against Monarch aftermath of election

By Ogenyi Ogenyi,UyoThe Ekpri Nsukara Offot Village Council has...

Igbomotoru Massacre: Amagbein urges CDS to reopen investigations to bring perpetrators to book

By Our CorrespondentNiger Delta ex-agitator, the self-styled General...

NOA Affirms Commitment to Drive Public Support for New Tax Laws

By Joyce Remi-BabayejuThe National Orientation Agency (NOA) has affirmed...

Youths Involvement is Essential in Peacebuilding

By Raliat AbdulkadirIn Nigeria today, the youths make up...

Riyadh 2025: Yussuf Alli Credits Team Nigeria’s Historic Success to NSC Planning, Athlete Welfare

Team Nigeria’s Deputy Chef-de-Mission to the Riyadh 2025 Islamic...

NYA Appoints Seven New State Chairmen for North-West Zone

By Jabiru HassanThe Office of the National Vice President...

Bishop Kukah Says No Christian Persecution in Nigeria, Cites Misuse of Data and Genocide Claims

By Achadu Gabriel, KadunaBishop of the Sokoto Catholic Diocese...

Related Articles

Popular Categories

spot_imgspot_img