Truly, our environment makes us who we are. From cradle to grave, our environment influences us. Influencing our use of language, fashion style, mannerism etc. Generally, we are the byproducts of our individual environments.
Now, people are an integral part of our environment. Collectively, people make up the most influential entity in a person’s environment. Thus the need to be conscious about the kind of people we surround ourselves with because people can either make you or mar you.
If you want to blossom like sunflowers and give out sweet fragrance like roses, you must surround yourself with the right kind of people:
- The open-minded people: This kind of people are the ones that are always open to new ideas and changes. They see the world from a broader perspective. This kind of people will make you a dynamic and flexible person thus giving you an edge in a constantly changing world.
- The optimistic people: They are also open-minded but most importantly, they are relentless when it comes to reaching a set goal. They carry an unfaltering vigour to succeed inspite of odds. They are seers of possibilities amid seeming impossibilities. They will push you to achieve your goals no matter the weather.
- The constructive critics: They don’t hesitate to criticize you. They lay bare your mistakes and go ahead to give you lessons on how to do better. Having such people around will drive you to always want to produce ideal results.
- The seers of potentials: They are called seers of potentials because they always drum in your ears what you are naturally good at doing. They remind you, with every given opportunity, to live up to your potentials and if you are lucky they become your coach. That’s if they happen to share same skills with you. This kind of people will push you into realising your gifts or talents as well as encouraging you to embrace it.
- The mentors: A mentor is simply a wise and trusted teacher. This means you should surround yourself with a person(s) that is wise and trustworthy to teach you about things of common interest. Mentors, generally, have more experiences and know-how. They are considered more knowledgeable and having one or two mentors will only make you better in your chosen career.
- The spirit lifters: We all know it’s good to be happy. For with happiness comes true satisfaction. Surrounding yourself with cheerful people makes you cheerful most of the time because happiness is contagious (likewise sadness). Therefore, stick around people with positive outlook at life because they are mostly happy and that will always uplift your spirit thereby making you more productive.
So there you have it; the kinds of people you should surround yourself with. Choose your company wisely!!!