x

Over 200 kidnapped victims freed in Zamfara says Police Com.

By Abba Abubakar Kabara

The ongoing peace process jointly adopted by Zamfara state government and the state police command is fast yielding positive results as captives are willingly being released almost on daily basis by bandits operating in various parts of the state.

The state Police commissioner Barr. Uman Nagoggo today announces at a press briefing that as a result of the peace process approach adopted a couple of months ago, more than two hundred (200) captives comprising of men, women and children were willingly set free by bandits.

He observes that for almost ten years when the banditry started, the use of force has been adopted claiming many lives of both the security agents and the bandits, while the poor rural dwellers have always remain the worst victims.

He said conflict resolution through the use of force often ends up in mirage, ”I feel much encouraged to apply the peace process strategy to reconcile the warring parties”, explaining that the success so far achieved can testify to the relevance and the effects of the peace process policy.

The police chief presented twenty-three kidnap victims released last Sunday and disclosed that thirty-three kidnapped victims were freed in the last six days, expressing hope that the process will continue.

Barr. Nagoggo however noted that it will sound erroneous to assume that banditry in the state has stopped by 100 percent, ”but judging from the unabating ten year killing spree threatening the security of the state, one would comfortably attest that the frequency of attacks have within the last three weeks, reduced to the lowest level in the state’, he said.

The commissioner thanked the efforts and sustained support being rendered by the Inspector General of Police Muhammad A. Adamu, and the governor of the state Hon. Bello Muhammad Matawalle whose joint contributions helped to make the peace process a reality.

Hot this week

A”Ibom community condemns campaign against Monarch aftermath of election

By Ogenyi Ogenyi,UyoThe Ekpri Nsukara Offot Village Council has...

Defaulters of Payment of Ground Rent Bills Risk Property Transfer to FCTA, Wike Warns

By Joyce Remi-BabayejuThe FCT Minister Barr. Nysome Wike...

We won’t Forgive Anyone Involved In FCT Schools Closure — Wike

By Joyce Remi-BabayejuFollowing the false memo issued by the...

Kuje-Gwagwalada Road Projects, Economic Game Changer in FCT – Wike

By Joyce Remi-BabayejuThe FCT Minister Barr Nysome Wike has...

A”Ibom community condemns campaign against Monarch aftermath of election

By Ogenyi Ogenyi,UyoThe Ekpri Nsukara Offot Village Council has...

Igbomotoru Massacre: Amagbein urges CDS to reopen investigations to bring perpetrators to book

By Our CorrespondentNiger Delta ex-agitator, the self-styled General...

NOA Affirms Commitment to Drive Public Support for New Tax Laws

By Joyce Remi-BabayejuThe National Orientation Agency (NOA) has affirmed...

Youths Involvement is Essential in Peacebuilding

By Raliat AbdulkadirIn Nigeria today, the youths make up...

Riyadh 2025: Yussuf Alli Credits Team Nigeria’s Historic Success to NSC Planning, Athlete Welfare

Team Nigeria’s Deputy Chef-de-Mission to the Riyadh 2025 Islamic...

NYA Appoints Seven New State Chairmen for North-West Zone

By Jabiru HassanThe Office of the National Vice President...

Bishop Kukah Says No Christian Persecution in Nigeria, Cites Misuse of Data and Genocide Claims

By Achadu Gabriel, KadunaBishop of the Sokoto Catholic Diocese...

Related Articles

Popular Categories

spot_imgspot_img