Connect with us

Entertainment

Davido Announces New Single ‘I Know Who I Be’ for June 26 Release

Published

on

By Abigail David

Nigerian music star Davido has announced the release of a new single, I Know Who I Be, set to drop on June 26.

The forthcoming track features Jazzwrld and GL_Ceejay and marks Davido’s return with new solo music following a period of limited releases.

The award-winning singer revealed the news on his X account on Monday, telling fans that “the journey to the throne begins” as he unveiled plans for the project. He also confirmed that I Know Who I Be would be released on June 26, alongside promotional images for the song.

The announcement has sparked excitement among fans, especially after Davido disclosed in May that he intended to take a temporary break from making music.

Davido rose to prominence in 2012 with the hit single Dami Duro and later established DMW Records, a label that has nurtured several successful artistes.

Before this announcement, his last solo release was Be There Still, released in March 2025. He most recently appeared as a featured artiste on Nakupenda by TxC.

The new single follows Davido’s performance at the opening concert of the 2026 FIFA World Cup countdown series in Los Angeles, further strengthening his international profile.

With acclaimed projects such as Omo Baba Olowo, A Good Time, A Better Time, and Timeless, Davido remains one of the leading figures in the global Afrobeats scene. Fans will now be looking forward to what he delivers with I Know Who I Be.

Entertainment

Nollywood Stars Rally Support for Ogogo Amid Cancer Battle

Published

on

By Abigail David

Nollywood stars have rallied behind veteran Yoruba actor Taiwo Hassan, popularly known as Ogogo, after his daughters appealed for urgent medical assistance as he battles stage-four cancer.

Actor and filmmaker Femi Adebayo urged the public to help the family connect with cancer specialists, hospitals and advanced treatment centres capable of reviewing Hassan’s medical records and recommending treatment options.

Adebayo stressed that the family was not seeking financial assistance, but medical expertise and direction.

Actress Toyin Abraham also shared a video of Hassan’s daughters, Lima and Kira Taiwo, on Instagram, urging people with possible medical connections to reach out to them.

The appeal followed emotional messages from the daughters, who said their father’s condition had deteriorated. They called on cancer specialists and medical facilities to consider his case and provide possible treatment options.

The daughters said Hassan had been unable to continue chemotherapy at his current hospital and appealed for another medical avenue that could give him a chance of recovery.

Hassan, 66, has spent more than four decades in the Nigerian film industry and has featured in over 300 movies, becoming one of the most recognisable figures in Yoruba cinema.

Continue Reading

Entertainment

Osun Election: Davido says US officials have contacted him

Published

on

By Abigail David

Afrobeats star Davido has claimed that officials linked to the United States Government have contacted him following concerns he raised about the forthcoming Osun State governorship election.

The singer made the claim in a social media post, saying, “Trump’s people have reached out,” while expressing excitement over the development.

However, Davido did not disclose who specifically contacted him, when the communication occurred or what was discussed.

The claim comes amid heightened political attention surrounding the Osun governorship election, with various stakeholders expressing concerns and opinions ahead of the poll.

Davido has previously used his social media platforms to comment on political developments, particularly those involving Osun State.

Continue Reading

Entertainment

“It’s either I have my children or go to jail” – Mr Obasi reacts to ₦1bn lawsuit

Published

on

By Abigail David

Mr Obasi, the estranged former husband of actress Judy Austin, has reacted to a reported ₦1 billion lawsuit, insisting that the legal action will not stop him from speaking about his alleged efforts to reconnect with his children.

In a video shared online, Obasi questioned why he was being sued over his public comments and continued to demand access to his children.

He also disputed an alleged claim in the lawsuit that he last contacted Judy in 2018, questioning what had happened between them since then.

Addressing the alleged defamation claims, Obasi said he would continue speaking about his experiences regardless of the legal consequences.

He also recounted an alleged encounter with Judy in Enugu, claiming they stayed at a hotel, discussed family matters and later visited Mr Bigg’s to purchase items for their children.

Obasi maintained that the lawsuit would not silence him, insisting that he would continue speaking until he is able to resolve what he described as the issue of access to his children.

Continue Reading

Trending

Copyright © 2017 Zox News Theme. Theme by MVP Themes, powered by WordPress.