x

N-Power: FG receives over 1m applications in the last 48 hour

The Federal Ministry of Humanitarian Affairs, Disaster Management, and Social Development has said over 1 million applications have been received from across the Federation in less than 48 hours that it opened the N-Power (Batch C) portal.

This was contained in a statement signed on Sunday by the ministry’s Deputy Director, Information, Rhoda Iliya.

The enrolment exercise for the new N-Power beneficiaries commenced on June 26.

Iliya said youths with no formal education could send in applications for a new aspect of the programme with a focus on agriculture.

“The Ministry wishes to reiterate that all young Nigerians between the ages of 18-35 with or without formal education can apply for a slot in the new program which would be very focused on agriculture.

“The number of applications so far received is an indication of the number of our youths who need jobs and the confidence in the program.

“The Ministry will continue to collaborate with its technical partners to provide timely support to all applicants. The selection process would be fair and transparent and the public would also be carried along at every stage,” she said.

The N-Power Programme was inaugurated by the President, Major General Muhammadu Buhari (retd.), in 2016 under the National Social Investment Programme.

The aim of the programme was to lift citizens out of poverty through capacity building, investment and direct support.

Hot this week

FERMA Proposes ₦229.999 Billion 2026 Budget, Calls for Enhanced Legislative Support

By Jabiru HassanThe (FERMA) has submitted a proposed budget...

Hazras Charity Foundation Distributes Food Aid to Vulnerable Communities in Three States

By Jabiru HassanHazras Charity Foundation (HCF) has completed a...

Igoche Mark Hails Tinubu’s Sports Reforms, Urges Private Sector Investment

Basketball promoter and founder of the Mark D’ Ball...

Kaduna Gov Uba Sani Pledges No Demolition Without Compensation

By Achadu Gabriel, KadunaKaduna State Governor, , has assured...

FCT Area Council Polls: AMAC PDP Chairmanship Candidate Steps Down For APC Candidate

By Joyce Remi- BabayejuAhead of the Federal Capital Territory...

FCT Council Elections: Wike declares Friday Work Free

.. Restrict Movement From 8pm On Friday To 6pm...

Kano Assembly Speaker Extends Ramadan Greetings to Muslim Faithful

By Jabiru HassanThe Speaker of the , Rt. Hon....

Kaduna Gov Uba Sani Pledges No Demolition Without Compensation

By Achadu Gabriel, KadunaKaduna State Governor, , has assured...

YDV Commends Tinubu’s Security Measures, Urges Increased Focus on Kwara State

The socio-political organization, (YDV), has commended President for his...

Union Newspapers Alleges El-Rufai Dragged Them to Court for Six Years Over N90bn Asset Report

By Achadu Gabriel, KadunaThe has accused former Kaduna State...

FERMA Proposes ₦229.999 Billion 2026 Budget, Calls for Enhanced Legislative Support

By Jabiru HassanThe (FERMA) has submitted a proposed budget...

Defence beyond Guns: Why Human Life Matters 

    By Abu Jemimah Lami Defence is often imagined...

Related Articles

Popular Categories

spot_imgspot_img