News
JAMB releases 279 withheld UTME results after malpractice review
The Joint Admissions and Matriculation Board has released 279 previously withheld results from the 2026 Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examination following the conclusion of part of its investigation into alleged examination malpractice.
In a statement issued on Thursday, JAMB’s Public Communication Advisor, Fabian Benjamin, said the newly released results were part of batches earlier withheld for further scrutiny.
According to the board, the decision followed ongoing reviews of suspected malpractice cases recorded during the nationwide examination.
JAMB said while some results were cancelled after evidence confirmed examination malpractice, others were cleared and released after investigations found no prima facie case against the affected candidates.
The board added that results from centres flagged for suspicious activities by its live monitoring team, as well as those linked to adverse reports, remain under review and will continue to be withheld pending the outcome of investigations.
Candidates whose results have not yet been released were advised to check their status by sending “UTMERESULT” via SMS to 55019 or 66019 using the phone number used during registration.
More than two million candidates sat for the 2026 UTME nationwide.