x

Kaduna students kidnap: 25 Female Students, 1 female staff so far rescued

By Gabriel Udeh, Kaduna


At least twenty six female students, including a female teacher abducted at Bethel Baptist Secondary School Kujuma, Chikun LGA of Kaduna State have so far been rescued, the Nigeria police statement has confirmed.


The statement issued and signed by the police command spokesman Muhammed Jalige Monday afternoon stated that the rescue operation is still ongoing to ensure that all victims are safely returned. 


Asp Jalige stated that Officers involved in the said operation are charged to ensure no stone is left unturned with a view to successfully accomplish the rescue mission since resources will be availed them without delay.

“In the early hours of today Monday 5th July, 2021 at about 0143hrs the Command received a report that armed bandits in large number had gained access into Bethel Baptist Secondary School Kujuma in Chikun LGA of Kaduna State. “They shot berserkly, overpowered the school’s security guards and made their way into the students hostel where they abducted an unspecified number of students into the forest.


“On the receipt of the unfortunate incident, a joint team of the Nigeria Police, Army and Navy Operatives were immediately mobilised to the area  with a mission to rescue the abducted students unhurt. “The Operatives gave the bandits a hot pursuit occasioned by a tactical application of weapons and succeeded in rescuing twenty six (26) students including a female teacher safely.


“However, the rescue Operation is still ongoing to ensure that all victims are safely returned. Officers involved in the said operation are charged to ensure no stone is left unturned with a view to successfully accomplish the rescue mission since resources will be availed them without delay.”The Command is therefore encouraging parents not to be deterred by the recent bandits’ activities in the state targeting schools and learning institutions as strategic measures will be emplaced to forestall further occurrence of such dastardly act of criminality against innocent children. “The Command is saddened by the incident and call on all stakeholders on security to unite particularly at this very critical time to safeguard schools in order to guarantee a safe and secured learning environment and other meaningful businesses”, the statement stressed.

Hot this week

Bomb Scare Disrupts Activities at Bayelsa Secretariat, Police Arrest Suspect

Activities were disrupted at the Bayelsa State Civil Service...

Asaba 2026: Tinubu, Oborevwori Rally Support as Police Games Open

By Anne AzukaPresident and Delta State Governor have reaffirmed...

Kaduna AG Urges Christians to Engage in Politics Ahead of 2027 Elections

By Francis WilfredKaduna State Attorney-General and Commissioner for Justice,...

Nigeria Police invites World Boxing Champion, Bash Ali, over petition, fraud allegations

By Gabriel AchaduBy Achadu Gabriel, KadunaNigeria police has...

Jude Bellingham Linked With Conditional Move to Manchester United

Reports indicate that Jude Bellingham has reached an agreement...

FA Cup Fifth Round Draw Confirmed

The FA Cup fifth-round draw has delivered a blend...

Lagos Court Sentences Man to One Year in Prison for N37m Forex Fraud

The Special Offences Court sitting in Ikeja, Lagos, has...

Kaduna AG Urges Christians to Engage in Politics Ahead of 2027 Elections

By Francis WilfredKaduna State Attorney-General and Commissioner for Justice,...

Wildlife Journalist Urges Action Over Migratory Bat Killings in Kaduna

By Achadu Gabriel, KadunaA wildlife journalist has called on...

GPF and Nigerian Faith Leaders Call for Urgent Action on Rising Violence

By Achadu Gabriel, KadunaFaith and community leaders from Nigeria...

Related Articles

Popular Categories

spot_imgspot_img