x

Anambra Govt Faults JAMB’s Handling of Mmesoma’s Alleged Fake Result

Anambra State government has distanced itself from claims by the Joint Admission and Matriculation Board (JAMB), that the result of Miss Mmesoma Ejikeme, a student of Anglican Girls Secondary School (AGSS), Nnewi, is fake.

The Commissioner for Information, Mr Paul Nwosu, in a press release on Wednesday said investigation was still ongoing on what transpired about the result, when JAMB made a press release condemning the result as fake.

The commissioner said this was moreso, when it was the student and her school that came to the commissioner to report that she got 362, while JAMB was recognizing someone who scored 360 as the highest scorer.

Nwosu said the Anambra State commissioner for education called JAMB to intervene in the matter, but the board involved Department of States Services (DSS) to investigate the result. He said even before investigation started, JAMB made a release and disclaimed the student’s result.

The commissioner said a full investigation had been launched. He said the members of the committee investigating the result on behalf of Anambra govt include: Prof. Nkemdili Nnonyelu (Chairman), Prof. Mercy Okonkwo – member, Prof. Ngozi Chuma-Udeh – member, Prof. Maduabuchi Dukor – member, Prof. Jaja Nwanegbo – member, Rev. Sr. Prof. Mary-Felicia Opara – member, Rev. Cannon Dr. Uchenna Umeifekwem – member, and Mr. Chukwuemeka Fred Agbata (MD, Anambra Information Communication Technology Agency) – member.

Nwosu’s release read: “Anambra State Government has, for obvious reasons, been following the JAMB/Mmesoma Ejike matter with keen interest.

“It’s important to note that Miss Mmesoma Ejike went to the office of the Anambra State Commissioner for Education, Professor Ngozi Chuma-Udeh with her UTME result to protest that the Joint Admission and Matriculation Board (JAMB) didn’t recognise her as the candidate with the highest score.

“The Commissioner in turn called JAMB to confirm her claim but she was told that Mmesoma’s result was forged.

“It was at this point that JAMB authorities invited the Directorate of State Services (DSS) to investigate the matter and make its findings known.

“This was yet to happen when JAMB went public with the matter, thus eliciting the raucous conversations we’ve seen in the media.”

Hot this week

Zone 13 Dominates Cricket at BIPOGA as Shooting Event Begins in Asaba

By Anne AzukaZone 13 has taken an early lead...

Pay 1% NCDF Levy or Risk Loss of Approvals, NCDMB Warns

The (NCDMB) has reiterated that payment of the one...

Olumode: Driving Change in a New Dawn.

A civil society, pressure group, non-profit, and anti-corruption organization—the...

A’Ibom Confident of April Target for Int’l Flights as VAIA Receives Boarding Bridges

By Ogenyi Ogenyi, UyoThe Government has expressed confidence that...

Court Rejects Defence Adjournment in Emefiele Naira Redesign Trial

The Federal High Court sitting in Maitama, Abuja, has...

Northern Stakeholders, Coalition Stage Anti-Elrufai protest in Kaduna

...Urges his detention till proper investigationBy Achadu Gabriel,...

NCC Seeks Stakeholders’ Inputs on National Telecoms Policy Review

The Nigerian Communications Commission (NCC) has called on interested...

Terrorism Spillover from the Sahel: What Nigeria Must Prepare For

By Emmanuel Samdave OnucheThe Sahel has emerged as the...

Prosperity Cup Organisers Train Referees Ahead of Tournament

Organisers of the , popularly known as the Prosperity...

Ramadan, Lent: 90 Convicts Freed in Kaduna as Gov Sani Calls for Unity

By Achadu Gabriel, KadunaGovernor of has approved the release...

Pay 1% NCDF Levy or Risk Loss of Approvals, NCDMB Warns

The (NCDMB) has reiterated that payment of the one...

Political Stalwarts in Ukwa East Defect to Labour Party

By Okechukwu Keshi UkegbuThe in has recorded a fresh...

Relief for Former Councillors in Abia as Payment of Arrears Begins

By Okechukwu Keshi UkegbuFormer councillors who served in local...

Related Articles

Popular Categories

spot_imgspot_img