x

Bomb Blast kills 8, Injures 21, as Gov Zulum sympathise with victims

Borno bomb explosion kills 8, Injures 21- Govt Official

*As Gov Zulum sympathise with victims, commend Service chiefs responses 

By Achadu Gabriel, Kaduna 

At least eight people have been confirmed killed and 21 injured in a Borno bomb explosion that occured in Maiduguri.

Borno State Governor, Babagana Umara Zulum, has already sympathised with 21 people injured by a bomb blast suspected to have been planted by Boko Haram insurgents along Maiduguri-Damboa highway on Saturday.

Of the victims, 14 were severely injured, 7 had minor injuries and were receiving treatment at the Specialist Hospital in Maiduguri., according to statement by the Governor’s media aide Abdurraman Bundi.

“The Governor, while sympathising with the injured, expressed grief and solidarity with families of the 8 people that lost their lives.

“It is regrettable that it is happening at this time. Since last year or so, we have not witnessed an improvised explosive device [IED] attack. The road was closed for about one month, and I believe this is one of the reasons the insurgents had the luxury of planting an IED”, Zulum said.

The Governor reiterated his administration’s commitment to supporting the security agencies and urged the military to beef up surveillance along the highway to prevent future occurrences.

“I urge the Nigerian military and other security agencies to beef up surveillance along the road so that such incidents do not happen again,” Zulum stated.

“The government of Borno State will continue to partner with the Nigerian military and with the federal government to curtail the menace of insurgency. I want to assure the people of Borno State that, Insha Allah, under my watch, we wouldn’t allow the security situation to deteriorate,”

“Our administration will provide more support to the security agencies and we will strengthen the resilience of our youth volunteers fighting alongside the military.”

Meanwhile, Governor Babagana Umara Zulum expressed confidence with the outcome of the meeting held with military chiefs on Thursday in Abuja.

The Governor, responding to questions from news men in Maiduguri on Saturday after a sympathy visit to those injured from a bomb attack along Damboa road said, “Our discussion during the security council was not bad; we just raised an alarm that Boko Haram activities are resurging in Borno State, and the state government, the military, and other stakeholders need to work together to avert the looming situation.”

He added “But most importantly, we have been to Abuja, met with the service chiefs and received assurances from them that they will do everything possible to control the situation. We are very happy with their response.”

Hot this week

Insecurity: Wike Supports “Operation Sweep” to Flush Criminalities out of Abuja

By Joyce Remi-BabayejuThe FCT Minister Barr. Nysome Wike has...

Kogi Police Debunk Rumoured Bandit Invasion of Lokoja Communities

By Noah Ocheni, LokojaThe Kogi State Police Command has...

Retired Public Servant, 3 Others Bag PhD From UniAbuja

A retired public servant, Fanny Ifeoma Mbonu, was among...

After 27 Years, Kaduna Engineer Wins Legal Battle Against KDSG Agency, Recovers Property

By Achadu Gabriel, KadunaA Kaduna-based engineer, Augustine Aneke, has...

NOA Affirms Commitment to Drive Public Support for New Tax Laws

By Joyce Remi-BabayejuThe National Orientation Agency (NOA) has affirmed...

Youths Involvement is Essential in Peacebuilding

By Raliat AbdulkadirIn Nigeria today, the youths make up...

Riyadh 2025: Yussuf Alli Credits Team Nigeria’s Historic Success to NSC Planning, Athlete Welfare

Team Nigeria’s Deputy Chef-de-Mission to the Riyadh 2025 Islamic...

NYA Appoints Seven New State Chairmen for North-West Zone

By Jabiru HassanThe Office of the National Vice President...

Bishop Kukah Says No Christian Persecution in Nigeria, Cites Misuse of Data and Genocide Claims

By Achadu Gabriel, KadunaBishop of the Sokoto Catholic Diocese...

North-West Security Summit: Gov. Uba Sani, Defence Minister Outline Strategies to Tackle Insecurity

By Achadu Gabriel, KadunaKey stakeholders from government, defence,...

FG Reaffirms Commitment to Eradicating Insecurity, Seeks Stronger Global Support – Akume

By Francis WilfredThe Federal Government has reiterated its...

Related Articles

Popular Categories

spot_imgspot_img