x

BREAKING: Suspected COVID-19 positive boy13, found in kaduna community 

Idiba Gabriel, kaduna
A 13yrs-old-boy suspected to be COVID-19 positive has been discovered in Angwan Rimi, a densely populated community area of  kaduna state.
This happened barely 12 hours after the kaduna State Ministry of health confirmed three new cases in the state, which brings the total official number of coronavirus patients in Kaduna State to four.
Eyewitness said the underaged boy whose infectious status and contract are yet to be kown developed symptoms of constant cough, sneezes and other symptoms overnight on Wednesday.
Nigerien pilot gathered that police have already been deployed to the area to condom off the residents of the boy located at fulani road in Ungwan Rimi to prevent contact and interaction.
Similarly, the Commissioner of health Dr. Amina Mohammed Baloni in a statement also  confirmed that one more patient was discharged out of the six Covid-19 cases that were earlier recorded in the state, bringing the number of discharged cases to five.
A statement issued by the  Commissioner on Wednesday said that the latest discharged,  brings to five the number of patients discharged since 14 April 2020.
“The Ministry  also confirmed three new in the state, which now brings  the total number of coronavirus patients  in Kaduna State to four”, she stated.
The Commissioner  further stated  that among the three new cases is  a 23 year old male ‘’who came into the state from Istanbul via Dubai sometime in March.’’
According to her, the second patient is ‘’51-year old male who was tested in Samaru, Sabon-Gari local government area, after coming in from Kano”.
Dr Baloni further said that the third patient  had earlier travelled to Kano and he is a  42-year old male from Unguwan  Geza, Kaduna.
‘’These new cases reflect the danger that interstate travels pose to efforts to contain Covid-19’’,  she pointed out, warning that  ‘’such travels spread the virus from place to place, complicate contact tracing and risk implanting the virus in communities.’’
Dr Baloni argued that the lockdown which mandates ‘’ people to stay at home is based on the logic that during a pandemic, the less contact there is with others, the safer everyone is.’’
The statement warned residents ‘’to avoid interstate travels and to promptly report to the authorities any person who has recently travelled from an affected state and develops symptoms of cough, fever or sore throat.’’
The Commissioner said that ‘’such reports can be made to the COVID -19 Call Centre in Kaduna State, on the following numbers: 08051217710, 09058008251, 08118588175, 08118588176 and 09032102632.’’
Dr Baloni  also reiterated  ‘’the importance of hand-washing, personal hygiene, social distancing and the avoidance of large gatherings in helping protect us all from Covid-19. It is important to stay home, stay safe and save lives. ‘’

Hot this week

NO ONE IS ABOVE GOD, NOT EVEN THE POPE – AONDOAKAA

Former Attorney General of the Federation and Minister of...

Excitement as Warri/Effurun Roads, Flyovers near completion

. Julius Berger works speedily ahead rainy seasonThere...

Stephen Keshi Stadium to Host BIPOGA Football Final as Zone 10 Face Zone 4

By Anne AzukaThe final of the male football event...

U.S Bill: Driving a wedge at Nigeria- China Partnership

 By Charles Onunaiju, AbujaJust recently, American’s political establishment took...

FA Cup Fifth Round Draw Confirmed

The FA Cup fifth-round draw has delivered a blend...

FHQ Dominates 15th BIPOGA Swimming Competition With 15 Gold Medals

By Anne AzukaThe Police Force Headquarters (FHQ) dominated the...

BIPOGA: Zone 17 Wins 4x400m Relay in Female, Male Categories

By Anne AzukaZone 17 has emerged champion in both...

Nigeria national football team 2026 WCQ Campaign Over on Pitch, FIFA Case Still Pending

Nigeria’s Super Eagles have officially concluded their on-field journey...

Ogun State Police Command Detain TikToker Mirabel Over Alleged False Assault Claim

Popular Nigerian TikTok personality Mirabel has been taken into...

Manchester City F.C. Face Uncertain Future Amid 115-Charge Case

Premier League champions Manchester City remain embroiled in a...

Kogi Govt Hails Tinubu Over Faleke’s Appointment, Describes It as Strategic Masterstroke

From Noah Ocheni, LokojaThe Kogi State Government has expressed...

Stephen Keshi Stadium to Host BIPOGA Football Final as Zone 10 Face Zone 4

By Anne AzukaThe final of the male football event...

Related Articles

Popular Categories

spot_imgspot_img