x

COVID-19: Obey all govt. directives, Ekiti LG tells residents

The Ido Osi Local Government Council of Ekiti on Tuesday appealed to  residents of the area  to embrace healthy living and obey all government directives order to curb the spread of COVID-19.

The  Chairman of the council, Mr Adeola Lawrence, made the appeal in an interview with our correspondent in Ido-Ekiti.

Lawrence said the council had been sensitising residents on the health implications of having contacts with infected persons and why they needed to stay at home and maintain proper hygiene.

The chairman urged residents to always wash their hands or use hand  sanitiser and cover their nose with masks whenever they were outside their homes.

Lawrence also appealed to the elderly to stay at home and keep their environment clean on daily basis.

The chairman commended health workers who had been working hard during the lockdown, adding that the council would give them adequate support to help curb the spread of the virus.

He appealed to the youths not to violate the stay- at- home directive and always maintain social distancing and proper hygiene practices.

Hot this week

Editors Urge Government To Create Safe, Enabling Environment For Journalists

· Ask security agents to find missing Vanguard journalistAs...

EXCLUSIVE: Buhari orders probe of Isa Funtua, AMCON over keystone and Etisalat

Following the controversy generated by the leading opposition party,...

6 Signs your boyfriend thinks you are ugly -Take note of No. 2

They say there are three kinds of people; the...

2023: South-East, Middle Belt Forum Endorses Peter Obi

The South-East and Middle Belt Forum has endorsed the...

Police Rescue Kidnapped Israeli Engineer in Taraba

The Taraba State Police Command, in collaboration with the...

PDP Chieftain Calls for EFCC Probe into Ebonyi Contract Racketeering

A chieftain of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) in...

BREAKING: Kevin De Bruyne Confirms Manchester City Departure

Kevin De Bruyne has officially announced that he will...

Wike dismisses rumours of collapse, says its a political gimmick to divert attention

By Joyce Remi-BabayejuThe FCT Minister, Barr. Nysome Wike on...

Ijoba Lande Reveals Payment After a Month on Set with Funke Akindele

Controversial Nollywood actor and comedian, Ijoba Lande, has shared...

Protesters Demand Suspension of FUOYE VC Over Alleged Sexual Harassment

Protesters gathered at the Federal Ministry of Education in...

Six Nigerians Among 0.8% of World’s Black Billionaires – Forbes

Black billionaires remain a small fraction of the world’s...

JUST-IN: Court Stops Pro-Wike Rally In Bayelsa

A Bayelsa State High Court in Yenagoa has issued...
spot_img

Related Articles

Popular Categories

spot_imgspot_img