x

CSO Accuses Billy Osawaru, Other Rep Members of Aiding Corruption in Oil and Gas Sector

Threatens to sponsor their recall

The Save Nigeria Proactive Coalition (SNPC) has accused Hon. Billy Osawar and other members of the House of Representatives of aiding alleged corruption in the country’s oil and gas sector.

The civil society organisation which made this known in a press statement on Friday also accused Osawaru and others of receiving over $10 million as kickbacks to support the nation’s oil regulatory agencies.

This comes after the House of Representatives called for the investigation of the international oil companies (IOCs) in Nigeria for allegedly conspiring to frustrate the survival of Dangote Oil Refinery and Petrochemicals.

The House had also demanded the sack of Nigerian Midstream and Downstream Petroleum Regulatory Authority (NMDPRA) boss Farouk Ahmed with Mele Kyari of the Nigerian National Petroleum Company (NNPCL) Limited coming under serious pressure.

In a statement co-signed by its National President and Secretary General Arome James Otairu And Bilikus Adamu, the Save Nigeria Proactive Coalition described Osawaru and his colleagues as “dishonourable members of the National Assembly who are masquerading as agents of the people, but their actions betray their true allegiance to corruption and mismanagement.”

The group, therefore, dared Osawaru’s other “faceless” lawmakers to publish their full identities and constituencies within the next 24 hours and see if their constituents would not recall them.

Additionally, the Coalition said it would not hesitate to mobilise Nigerians against Osawaru and his cohorts in Abuja, Lagos, and Kaduna to force them to resign after Kyari and Ahmed had been shown the way out.

“We are outraged and disappointed by the actions of some so-called 50 lawmakers who rallied support for Mele Kyari and Farouk Ahmed, despite their glaring failures and incompetence in managing the oil industry,” the statement said.

“These dishonourable members of the National Assembly are masquerading as agents of people, but their actions betray their true allegiance to corruption and mismanagement.

“Their attempt to shield Kyari and Farouq from accountability is a clear indication of their complicity in the massive failure, corruption, and mismanagement that has characterised the oil industry under their watch.

“It is unacceptable that they would prioritize the interests of these failed appointees over the welfare of Nigerians who are suffering from the consequences of their incompetence.

“We warn these lawmakers that their actions will not go unchallenged. Their constituents will not forget their betrayal, and they will be held accountable for their actions.

“We call on Nigerians to begin the process of recalling these lawmakers who have clearly demonstrated that they are not representing the interests of their constituents.

“Their threat to the investigative committee to be impartial is a clear indication of their desperation to cover up the truth.

“We demand that the committee ignore their threats and continue to uncover the truth behind the failures in the oil industry. Nigerians deserve to know the truth, and those responsible must be held accountable.

“Furthermore, we challenge these lawmakers to disclose the source of the $10 million received to run their scheme, with only 12 lawmakers invited by Hon. Billy Osawaru, who is notorious for raising nebulous groups within the new members’ caucus to attract favour from the House leadership. This is a clear case of corruption and abuse of office.

“We demand that Kyari and Farouq resign and go home, or face the wrath of Nigerians who will not hesitate to call for their removal. Their continued presence in office is an insult to the intelligence and patience of Nigerians.

“We also call on President Bola Tinubu to take immediate action to address the crisis in the oil industry. The removal of Kyari and Farouq is a necessary step towards restoring sanity and accountability in the industry.

“Furthermore, we demand that these dishonourable lawmakers publish their full identities and constituencies within the next 24 hours. We dare them to make this information public and see if Nigerians will not recall them within 21 days.

“Their constituents have the right to know their true representatives and hold them accountable. We are confident that once their identities are revealed, Nigerians will take swift action to recall them.

“Finally, we warn these lawmakers that their actions will have consequences. They will be forced to face the wrath of Nigerians who will not tolerate their antics forever.

“We will organise mass protests and rallies to demand their resignation and ensure that they are held accountable for their actions. We will not rest until they are removed from the office and replaced with true representatives of the people.”

Hot this week

FG’s CNG Drive Best for Nigeria’s Sustainable Transport System —Mahmoud Hints

By Joyce Remi-BabayejuFCT Minister of State, Dr. Mariya Mahmoud,...

Wike Terminates Re-Awards Delayed Apo-Karshi Road Projects 14 Years Later

By Joyce Remi-BabayejuThe FCT Minister Barr. Nyesom Wike has...

We won’t Forgive Anyone Involved In FCT Schools Closure — Wike

By Joyce Remi-BabayejuFollowing the false memo issued by the...

Address socio-economic conditions fueling terrorism- Ex Minister Essien to FG

By Ogenyi Ogenyi,UyoA former Minister of Lands, Housing and...

Kogi Police Debunk Rumoured Bandit Invasion of Lokoja Communities

By Noah Ocheni, LokojaThe Kogi State Police Command has...

After 27 Years, Kaduna Engineer Wins Legal Battle Against KDSG Agency, Recovers Property

By Achadu Gabriel, KadunaA Kaduna-based engineer, Augustine Aneke, has...

Kogi Governor Ododo Unveils Tough New Security Measures to Tackle Rising Criminal Threats

By Noah Ocheni, LokojaKogi State Governor, Alhaji Ahmed Usman...

Bayelsa Government Announces Movement Restriction for Monthly Environmental Sanitation on Saturday

By Amgbare Ekaunkumo, YenagoaThe Bayelsa State Environmental Sanitation...

Wike Terminates Re-Awards Delayed Apo-Karshi Road Projects 14 Years Later

By Joyce Remi-BabayejuThe FCT Minister Barr. Nyesom Wike has...

Court Bars Police, IGP From Harassing Owners of Nestoil Premises

A Federal High Court in Abuja has restrained the...

Pius Akutah’s Alleged Fraud at Nigerian Shippers Council Uncovered

Investigations by Nigerian Concord Newspaper reveal that the Executive...

Uyo Tropicana Trade Fair to catalize investment and economic expansion- Ekong

By Ogenyi Ogenyi. UyoThe Akwa Ibom Commissioner for Trade...

FG’s CNG Drive Best for Nigeria’s Sustainable Transport System —Mahmoud Hints

By Joyce Remi-BabayejuFCT Minister of State, Dr. Mariya Mahmoud,...

Related Articles

Popular Categories

spot_imgspot_img