Business
Dangote Refinery Cuts Petrol Gantry Price by N75 Per Litre
By Abigail David
Dangote Petroleum Refinery has reduced the gantry price of Premium Motor Spirit (PMS), commonly known as petrol, by N75 per litre, citing easing tensions in the Middle East and declining global energy prices.
In a circular issued to fuel marketers on Monday, the refinery announced that the new gantry price had been lowered from N1,250 to N1,175 per litre, while the coastal price per metric tonne was reduced from N1,595,790 to N1,495,215.
The refinery said the revised prices would take effect from midnight and that all outstanding unloaded gantry volumes would be repriced accordingly.
According to the company, the adjustment followed the de-escalation of geopolitical tensions in the Middle East, which had driven up crude oil and fuel prices over the past three months.
“We have reviewed our premium motor spirit gantry and coastal prices following the de-escalation of tensions in the Middle East, which has impacted energy prices,” the refinery stated.
Market data from Petroleumprice.ng indicated that Dangote Refinery’s petrol is now among the cheapest available to marketers, with many outlets previously selling the product at around N1,240 per litre.
The price cut comes as global oil prices decline amid reports of a ceasefire agreement and renewed diplomatic efforts between the United States and Iran, raising hopes for the full reopening of the Strait of Hormuz, a critical global oil shipping route.
Crude oil prices had surged during months of regional tensions, pushing domestic fuel prices higher. In Nigeria, petrol prices climbed from about N830 per litre to around N1,300 per litre, while diesel and aviation fuel also recorded significant increases.
With crude prices retreating, industry observers expect further reductions in domestic fuel prices, although refinery officials have noted that existing stocks of higher-priced crude could moderate the pace of future price cuts.
Business
Apple to change app consent rules after German regulator’s concerns
By Abigail David
Apple will change how third-party apps seek users’ consent for personalised advertising on iPhones and iPads after Germany’s competition regulator raised concerns about the company’s treatment of competing apps.
The Bundeskartellamt said Apple had offered binding commitments to address the concerns, bringing its competition investigation to an end.
The regulator said Apple’s App Tracking Transparency framework required third-party app providers to obtain additional consent through Apple-designed prompts for certain types of cross-company data use. However, the requirements did not apply in the same way to Apple’s own services.
Bundeskartellamt President Andreas Mundt said Apple could provide strong privacy protections, but its rules should not give its own products an advantage over competitors.
Under the new commitments, Apple will make consent prompts for its own services and third-party apps more similar. It will also remove wording and symbols that could discourage users from granting consent to third-party apps.
App developers will have greater flexibility to combine Apple’s consent requests with those required under data protection laws, provided the process remains clear to users.
The regulator stressed that the changes are not intended to increase consent rates for personalised advertising but to ensure users can make free and informed choices.
Apple has four months to implement the changes. The commitments will remain in force for seven years and will be monitored by an independent trustee.
The investigation began in June 2022 after the regulator found Apple held a position of paramount significance across markets. Germany’s Federal Court of Justice confirmed the finding in March 2025.
Business
NNPC Deploys Over 1,000 Young Professionals After One-Year Training Programme
By Abigail David
The Nigerian National Petroleum Company Limited (NNPC Ltd) has deployed more than 1,000 young professionals into its workforce following the successful completion of a one-year internship, training and evaluation programme.
The Group Chief Executive Officer of NNPC Ltd, Bayo Ojulari, announced the development in a post shared on the company’s official social media platforms, describing it as a significant milestone for the national energy company.
According to Ojulari, the new employees were selected after completing a rigorous programme that combined practical internships, intensive training and performance assessments.
He said the recruitment process reflected the company’s commitment to merit-based employment, stressing that competence and performance, rather than personal connections or background, determined successful candidates.
Ojulari noted that while the participants initially joined the organisation through offer letters, their permanent deployment was earned through consistent performance during the internship period.
He encouraged the newly deployed employees to contribute innovative ideas, take ownership of their professional development and actively support the company’s growth.
The NNPC chief also urged them to remember the opportunities they had received and, in the future, help create similar opportunities for others.
The deployment is part of NNPC Ltd’s ongoing efforts to strengthen its workforce and build capacity following its transition into a commercially driven national energy company under the Petroleum Industry Act.
The recruitment exercise began in July 2024 during the tenure of former Group Chief Executive Officer Mele Kyari.
Business
JUST IN: Otedola buys N222bn additional First HoldCo shares to boost stake
Billionaire businessman Femi Otedola has increased his ownership in First HoldCo Plc after acquiring an additional 1.77 billion shares through his investment company, Calvados Global Services Limited.
According to a regulatory filing on the Nigerian Exchange (NGX), the transaction, valued at N222.20 billion, was completed on Thursday.
The latest purchase raises Otedola’s shareholding from 9.99 billion shares to 11.77 billion shares, increasing his stake in the financial institution from 21.96 percent to 25.88 percent.
The acquisition follows another major investment made on July 22, when Otedola purchased 706.13 million shares worth N77.58 billion, further strengthening his position as the bank’s largest shareholder.
With the latest transaction, his total investment in First HoldCo is now estimated at approximately N1.47 trillion, making him the institution’s single largest investor.
Under the Investments and Securities Act and the Securities and Exchange Commission’s merger and acquisition regulations, any shareholder who acquires 30 percent or more of the voting shares in a publicly listed company is required to make a mandatory takeover offer to other shareholders.
The increased investment comes weeks after First HoldCo became Nigeria’s most valuable listed banking stock by market capitalisation, surpassing Zenith Bank following sustained gains in its share price on the Nigerian Exchange.
-
News23 hours ago
Election: Wike Expresses Confidence in Tinubu’s 2027 Victory
-
Uncategorized23 hours agoCristiano Ronaldo’s Comment on Lionel Messi’s Tribute to His Dad Becomes Most-Liked Instagram Comment
-
News21 hours agoNITAD: Nigeria Risks Losing Workforce Without Investment in Local Talent
-
News23 hours ago
Breaking: Wike Vows Immediate Demolition of Houses Blocking Abuja Waterways
-
News21 hours ago
36,477 Women Benefit from IOM/GIFA Medical Outreach in A’Ibom
-
Politics22 hours agoNatasha Osawaru Emerges as Edo Assembly Minority Leader
-
Uncategorized23 hours agoTinubu To Varsities: Produce Job Creators, Drive National Devt
-
Entertainment23 hours agoNollywood Stars Rally Support for Ogogo Amid Cancer Battle

You must be logged in to post a comment Login