x

Ex gov. El-rufai Chief of staff arrested, remanded for alleged money laundry, sale of govt properties

By Achadu Gabriel, Kaduna

Former Governor Nasir El-Rufai’s Chief of Staff, Bashir Saidu, have been reportedly arrested by security operatives, for alleged money laundry and sale of government properties, under the past administration in Kaduna State.

Saidu was reported to have been arraigned before a Kaduna magistrate court on Tuesday, where he was charged for the offences and later remanded in prison custody.

According to sources, armed policemen had laid an ambush near Saidu’s residence at Coronation Crescent, in Kaduna before he was later arrested in Rigachikun area.

He was subsequently taken to the Operation Fushin Kada office on Constitution Road for questioning, before being arraigned at the magistrate court in Rigasa.

Another source close to the ex- Chief of staff expressed surprised involvement of Operation Fushin Kada, formerly known as Operation Yaka, in a political matter.

“I wonder why Operation Yaki, now (Operation Fushin Kada) will involve itself in a clear case of political witch-hunt and repression against loyalists of former Governor El-Rufai.

He explained: “The operatives have abandoned their job of protecting the citizens against bandits and kidnappers to harass innocent citizens”.
“It is strange that Operation Yaki is now preparing FIR and filing charges against perceived opponents of the governor.

Despite providing a statement denying involvement in money laundering and the sale of 12 government houses, Saidu was taken to court”, he added.

After hearing the prosecution and defence counsel, Magistrate Muhammad Lawal Musa rejected the bail application and ordered Saidu’s remand at Kaduna Central Prison.

The case was adjourned to January 21, 2025, meanwhile, it will be recalled that the Kaduna State House of Assembly had earlier in a report indicted Governor El-Rufai for allegedly syphoning State Government’s funds to the tune of over 423 billion naira.

Also, many of El-Rufai’s loyalists under his defunct Government are now facing charges either in the state or at the Code of Conduct Tribunal, EFCC, ICPC and the Code of Conduct Bureau over fraud and unlawful acquisition of State resources in enriching themselves.

When journalist called the Chief Press Secretary to Governor Uba Sani, Ibraheem Musa for comments, he did not pick his phone, neither did he respond to text message. Ends

Hot this week

Editors Urge Government To Create Safe, Enabling Environment For Journalists

· Ask security agents to find missing Vanguard journalistAs...

EXCLUSIVE: Buhari orders probe of Isa Funtua, AMCON over keystone and Etisalat

Following the controversy generated by the leading opposition party,...

6 Signs your boyfriend thinks you are ugly -Take note of No. 2

They say there are three kinds of people; the...

2023: South-East, Middle Belt Forum Endorses Peter Obi

The South-East and Middle Belt Forum has endorsed the...

INEC Collapses Plans to RecallSenator Natasha in Kogi

By Noah Ocheni, LokojaThe Independent National Electoral Commission, (INEC)...

BREAKING: Renewed Hope Proactiveness In Tackling Emergencies Commended.

By Jabiru Hassan.Less than 24 hours of the sad...

INEC Rejects Petition to Recall Senator Natasha in Kogi,

By Noah Ocheni, LokojaThe Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC)...

Delta 2027: No Vacancy In Govt House, says Guwor

By Anne Azuka Speaker, Delta State House of Assembly, Rt...

Rainstorm destroys over 70 houses  in Langtang South LGA of Plateau

By Isreal Adamu, Jos No fewer than 70  houses and...

Plateau govt fumes as gunmen kill 10 persons in Bokkos LGA 

By Israel Adamu,Jos At least, 10 persons were killed on...

SOSG seeks partnership to revive moribound industries 

By Muhammad Ibrahim, Sokoto Gov  Ahmed Aliyu says his administration...

Governor Skkoto bags ANCOPS’s Excellence Award In Education

By Muhammad Ibrahim, Sokoto The All Nigerian Conference of Principals...
spot_img

Related Articles

Popular Categories

spot_imgspot_img