x

FCTA gives 1-week ultimatum warning for squatters to vacate Apo Dutse

By Joyce Remi-Babayeju

The Joint Task Force of the Federal Capital Territory Administration FCTA has issued a one-week ultimatum to squatters to vacate Apo Dutse Pantaker, Dutse District of FCT.

Coordinator of the team and Director, Development Control, Mukhtar Galadima who was at the scene on Monday to interface with the squatters, disclosed that the task force received an intelligence report on increased robbery in the area.

Galadima said that the place was demolished before by previous Administrations and that sooner that expected squatters has taken over the area again, but recently a lot of sensitization had been carried out to get the squatters to relocate or face demolition within the next one week.

He explained that the place had been allocated for residential purposes, and that the team would clear it for the owners to take over their plots and develop them.

The Director said, “We received an intelligence report that there are some challenges here, and you would recall that this place was removed before, but they came back. Now we want to again clear the place once again, once and for all.”

“But today we are engaging with them, discussing the mode of operation before we come back for demolition, and we will come back next week so that we have the exercise harmoniously.”

Secretary, Command and Control in the FCTA, Dr Peter Olumuji, also explained that the task force has been receiving reports criminal attacks on an estate in the area, adding that once the illegal settlement is cleared, the crime rate within the district would be reduced.

Olumuji noted that the task team has given them time to park there things, and that after the expiration of the ultimatum, the team would be back to ensure enforcement, adding that the squatters should obey the law.

Hot this week

Kaduna Communities Praise Defence Minister’s Free JAMB Registration Scheme

Communities across Kaduna State have welcomed a free Joint...

Tems Becomes First African Female Artist with Seven Billboard Hot 100 Entries

Grammy-winning Nigerian singer Tems has made history as the...

CDHR President Pays Tribute to Late Beko Ransome-Kuti at Memorial Lecture

The National President of the Committee for the Defence...

Audi: Trajectory of Success and Changing the Narrative

From a plethora of achievements and milestones—despite daunting challenges...

Spring Festival: Tegbe Congratulates China, Backs Deeper Economic Integration

The Director-General of the Nigeria–China Strategic Partnership (NCSP), Joseph...

Jude Bellingham Linked With Conditional Move to Manchester United

Reports indicate that Jude Bellingham has reached an agreement...

FA Cup Fifth Round Draw Confirmed

The FA Cup fifth-round draw has delivered a blend...

Lagos Court Sentences Man to One Year in Prison for N37m Forex Fraud

The Special Offences Court sitting in Ikeja, Lagos, has...

Kaduna AG Urges Christians to Engage in Politics Ahead of 2027 Elections

By Francis WilfredKaduna State Attorney-General and Commissioner for Justice,...

Related Articles

Popular Categories

spot_imgspot_img