x

FCTA removes shanties, illegal structure to give way to N16 corridor way

By Joyce Remi-Babayeju

The Federal Capital Territory Administration, FCTA on Monday removed Shanties and illegal structures blocking the N16 corridor way.

Director of the Department of Development Control, FCTA Mukhtar Galadima after the exercise told journalists that it is in line with the FCT minister’s directive to ensure that anything blocking the smooth operation of contractors along the corridor are removed.

Galadima said, ” My take is to make sure that illegal structures are not preventing the work so we have done the needful by removing illegal structures and shanties so if there is any reaction or protest by any other person, there are relevant agencies that are responsible of taking care of these things.”

“Ours is to make sure that the corridor is free of illegal structure and that’s what we have done so far.”

Furthermore, Galadima stated that regrouping of settlers in a demolished area is a challenge but with the collaboration with relevant agencies and huge support of social welfare, the problem will be nip in the bud and any of such area will be revisited and demolished.

Secretary of Command and Control Centre, Peter Olumuji, who narrated attacks by hoodlums at the Gwarinpa axis which led to destruction of the contractor’s equipment and injury to some of the staff necessitated the full enforcement at the site which is solely aim at protecting the contractors while they work.

Speaking on how the FCTA will support the contractor after the attack, he said, “we will do that through the FCT police commissioner who is already informed.

“He is going to deploy a team of police men that will be attached to them, for them to be able to break even in what they are doing, because the tax team cannot be here forever. We are mobile in nature, but those that will be deployed come and complement, together with those that are already on-ground here.”

The Project Manager, CBC Global, Engr. Titus Sende also expressed satisfaction over the prompt response from the FCT administration and further appeal for more security reinforcement on the site.

Hot this week

BIPOGA: Zone 17 Wins 4x400m Relay in Female, Male Categories

By Anne AzukaZone 17 has emerged champion in both...

Kano Speaker Extends Condolences Over Singa Market Fire

By Jabiru HassanThe Speaker of the , Rt. Hon....

FG Inaugurates Committee for First Nigeria International Oil Spill Summit, Unveils Logo

The Federal Government has inaugurated the Joint Project Management...

El-Rufai Must Return Every Kobo Allegedly Looted – Shehu Sani

By Achadu Gabriel, KadunaFormer Senator representing Kaduna Central in...

FHQ Dominates 15th BIPOGA Swimming Competition With 15 Gold Medals

By Anne AzukaThe Police Force Headquarters (FHQ) dominated the...

BIPOGA: Zone 17 Wins 4x400m Relay in Female, Male Categories

By Anne AzukaZone 17 has emerged champion in both...

Nigeria national football team 2026 WCQ Campaign Over on Pitch, FIFA Case Still Pending

Nigeria’s Super Eagles have officially concluded their on-field journey...

Ogun State Police Command Detain TikToker Mirabel Over Alleged False Assault Claim

Popular Nigerian TikTok personality Mirabel has been taken into...

Manchester City F.C. Face Uncertain Future Amid 115-Charge Case

Premier League champions Manchester City remain embroiled in a...

Kogi Govt Hails Tinubu Over Faleke’s Appointment, Describes It as Strategic Masterstroke

From Noah Ocheni, LokojaThe Kogi State Government has expressed...

Stephen Keshi Stadium to Host BIPOGA Football Final as Zone 10 Face Zone 4

By Anne AzukaThe final of the male football event...

Related Articles

Popular Categories

spot_imgspot_img