x

FG to Begin N150bn Loan Disbursement in July

The Federal Government announced on Thursday that it would start disbursing N150bn in loans to micro, small, and medium enterprises (MSMEs) and manufacturers by the end of July.

Additionally, the government disclosed that 60 percent of the targeted one million beneficiaries of the Presidential Conditional Grant have already received financial grants of N50,000 each, without repayment obligations, across the country’s 774 local government areas.

Doris Uzoka-Anite, the Minister of Industry, Trade, and Investment, shared this update on her official X handle. The Presidential Conditional Grant Scheme, launched in December 2023 as part of the Presidential Palliatives Programme, aims to support businesses affected by the economic downturn. The scheme allocates N75bn to MSMEs and another N75bn to the manufacturing sector.

Uzoka-Anite emphasized that the government is aware of the challenging business environment and created the fund to assist Nigerian businesses in navigating these tough economic conditions.

“To all applicants of the Presidential Conditional Grant Scheme who are yet to be paid, thank you for your continued patience. The disbursement process is still ongoing, and we have allocated about 60 percent of the 1 million grants,” she stated. Applicants can track the number of beneficiaries per local government area on the official grant website.

She also mentioned that the final stages of vetting for the MSME and manufacturing loans are underway, with applications still open and disbursement set to begin by the end of July. Uzoka-Anite thanked applicants for their patience and assured them that her team has been working diligently to ensure the process is fair and accurate.

Responding to complaints from aggrieved applicants, she explained that the selection process is based on random computer-generated selection, not on a first-come, first-served basis. Issues such as incorrect or missing data, duplicate applications, and spurious entries have caused delays.

Last month, it was reported that the government had disbursed a total of N20.11bn to 402,283 beneficiaries through their bank accounts via their Bank Verification Numbers.

The minister noted that almost four million Nigerians applied for the N50,000 palliative grant, but only one million can be accommodated. She assured that while there might be future social intervention programs, there are no immediate plans at this time.

Uzoka-Anite urged constructive criticism and feedback, emphasizing that personal insults and hate speech are not productive and will not be tolerated. She concluded by encouraging Nigerians to work together towards a more prosperous future.

Hot this week

Diri Marks Sixth Anniversary in Office with Thanksgiving Service in Bayelsa

Bayelsa State Governor Douye Diri on Saturday marked six...

Plateau Commission Rescues Five Children, Arrests Three Over Alleged Trafficking to Cross River

The Plateau State Gender and Equal Opportunities Commission says...

Nnamdi Kanu: ‘Very Useless Guy’ – Chiefpriest Blasts Fayose Over Comment on Igbos’ Alliance With Tinubu

Nigerian socialite, Okechukwu Pascal, popularly known as Chiefpriest, has...

Lagos Court Sentences Man to One Year in Prison for N37m Forex Fraud

The Special Offences Court sitting in Ikeja, Lagos, has...

Wike’s Bold Governance , Infrastructure Renewal in FCT is Exemplary, says Gusau

By Joyce Remi- BabayejuThe former Coordinating Director, Economic and...

Excitement as Warri/Effurun Roads, Flyovers near completion

. Julius Berger works speedily ahead rainy seasonThere...

Ibom Air Partners MWAN on Cancer Awareness

By Ogenyi Ogenyi, Uyohas partnered with the (MWAN) to...

A’Ibom Confident of April Target for Int’l Flights as VAIA Receives Boarding Bridges

By Ogenyi Ogenyi, UyoThe Government has expressed confidence that...

NYA: A Platform for Young Nigerians to Defend Democracy – Youth President

By Jabiru HassanThe (NYA) has reaffirmed its commitment to...

FG Reaffirms Commitment to Interfaith Dialogue and National Unity

By Francis WilfredPresident has reaffirmed Nigeria’s commitment to interfaith...

Bayelsa Honours Over 90 Veteran Journalists with Cash Awards, Football Fiesta

More than 90 retired journalists in were celebrated for...

Related Articles

Popular Categories

spot_imgspot_img