x

Hold PDP responsible for polls postponement… Keyamo

The spokesperson of The APC presidential campaign council has blamed INEC and the main opposition PDP over the postponement of the presidential election.

Keyamo in his statement said APC regretted the postponement and condemned what it described as the “tardiness of the electoral umpire”.

The statement noted that President Muhammadu Buhari had since cooperated fully with INEC by ensuring EVERYTHING it demanded to conduct free and fair elections were promptly made available to it. Saying that “This news is therefore a huge disappointment to us and to our teeming supporters nationwide and around the world, many of whom have come into the country to exercise their franchise”.

It however advised INEC to remain neutral and impartial observing that the rumor mill is agog with the suggestion that the postponement was orchestrated in collusion with the main opposition, the PDP.

“We note that all the major credible demographic projections have predicted a defeat of the PDP and it seriously needed this breather to orchestrate more devious strategies to try and halt President Buhari’s momentum. It did the same as the ruling Party in 2015, when it realized the game was up, by orchestrating the postponement of the 2015 elections by six weeks. Now, it may be up to its old trick again”. Keyamo said.

He further noted that the APC had earlier raised the alarm that the PDP is bent on discrediting this process the moment it realized it cannot make up the numbers to win this election.

” We are only urging INEC not to collude with the PDP on this. We are truly worried because as early as Friday morning, some known PDP Social Media influencers unwittingly announced this postponement, but quickly deleted the message and apologized to the public that it was fake news. We do not want to be forced to a situation of announcing our total loss of confidence in INEC, because we know where that would leave our democracy.

It is in the light of the above that we wish to appeal to Nigerians and our supporters to be patient, calm and resolute despite this temporary setback. Let us not give anyone, especially the PDP, the opportunity to plunge this nation into a crises, which is what they earnestly desire. Its imminent defeat is just a few days away.

Lastly, we wish to draw the attention of INEC and the world to observe that the PDP has clearly and openly said it plans to announce parallel results through some funny device it has procured or developed. We wish to re-iterate that it is ONLY INEC that is legally and constitutionally empowered to declare results and it constitutes an offence for anyone to do so. We urge INEC to SPEAK UP NOW and warn the PDP to desist from this ignoble act that is capable of plunging the nation into a crises of immeasurable proportions.

Hot this week

Editors Urge Government To Create Safe, Enabling Environment For Journalists

· Ask security agents to find missing Vanguard journalistAs...

EXCLUSIVE: Buhari orders probe of Isa Funtua, AMCON over keystone and Etisalat

Following the controversy generated by the leading opposition party,...

6 Signs your boyfriend thinks you are ugly -Take note of No. 2

They say there are three kinds of people; the...

2023: South-East, Middle Belt Forum Endorses Peter Obi

The South-East and Middle Belt Forum has endorsed the...

Kaduna: Uba Sani has revamps health sector- Commissioner  

*As NPSC ranked Kaduna State By Achadu Gabriel, Kaduna Governor Uba...

North-Central APC adopts SGF Akume as leader, targets 6 million votes for Tinubu in 2027

By Isreal  Adams Jos The North-Central All Progressives Congress, APC,...

CSOs Inaugurate New Committee to Enhance Budget Accountability and Combat Corruption

• …CBIAMEC to Focus on Oversight, Transparency, and Effective...

Police Rescue Kidnapped Israeli Engineer in Taraba

The Taraba State Police Command, in collaboration with the...

PDP Chieftain Calls for EFCC Probe into Ebonyi Contract Racketeering

A chieftain of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) in...

BREAKING: Kevin De Bruyne Confirms Manchester City Departure

Kevin De Bruyne has officially announced that he will...

Wike dismisses rumours of collapse, says its a political gimmick to divert attention

By Joyce Remi-BabayejuThe FCT Minister, Barr. Nysome Wike on...

Ijoba Lande Reveals Payment After a Month on Set with Funke Akindele

Controversial Nollywood actor and comedian, Ijoba Lande, has shared...
spot_img

Related Articles

Popular Categories

spot_imgspot_img