x

Lagos Government Demolishes Over 1700 Shanties At Fagba Railway Lines

The Operatives of the Lagos State Environmental and Special Offences (Enforcement) Unit (Taskforce) over the weekend demolished over 1700 illegal shanties and containerised shops around Fagba Railway lines, Agege.

This was disclosed on Sunday, in a series of tweets by the Senior Special Assistant to the Governor of Lagos on New Media, Jubril Gawat.

During the demolition exercise, the Chairman of the Agency Olayinka Egbeyemi disclosed that owners and occupants of these illegal shanties and containerised shops had been served a seven-day ‘Removal Order’ by the government based on series of complaints about criminal activities around Fagba, Agege.

He added that after the expiration of the removal order, the government gave them additional 21days grace to remove their belongings and vacate the entire area before embarking on the demolition exercise.

“These illegal shanties and containerised shops were occupied by miscreants and hoodlums who terrorise innocent citizens around Fagba, Iju-Ishaga, and Pen-Cinema area, dispossessing them of their valuables, especially early in the day and late at night,” Egbeyemi said.

He averred that investigations conducted had revealed that miscreants and hoodlums occupying these illegal shanties were responsible for the destructions of public properties and looting of shops immediately after the recent ‘EndSARS’ protest around Agege.

The Chairman confirmed that suspected illegal substances (Indian hemp) and other dangerous drugs such as Codeine, Skunk, and Tramadol were recovered during the demolition exercise.

Hot this week

Editors Urge Government To Create Safe, Enabling Environment For Journalists

· Ask security agents to find missing Vanguard journalistAs...

EXCLUSIVE: Buhari orders probe of Isa Funtua, AMCON over keystone and Etisalat

Following the controversy generated by the leading opposition party,...

6 Signs your boyfriend thinks you are ugly -Take note of No. 2

They say there are three kinds of people; the...

2023: South-East, Middle Belt Forum Endorses Peter Obi

The South-East and Middle Belt Forum has endorsed the...

Police Rescue Kidnapped Israeli Engineer in Taraba

The Taraba State Police Command, in collaboration with the...

PDP Chieftain Calls for EFCC Probe into Ebonyi Contract Racketeering

A chieftain of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) in...

BREAKING: Kevin De Bruyne Confirms Manchester City Departure

Kevin De Bruyne has officially announced that he will...

Wike dismisses rumours of collapse, says its a political gimmick to divert attention

By Joyce Remi-BabayejuThe FCT Minister, Barr. Nysome Wike on...

Ijoba Lande Reveals Payment After a Month on Set with Funke Akindele

Controversial Nollywood actor and comedian, Ijoba Lande, has shared...

Protesters Demand Suspension of FUOYE VC Over Alleged Sexual Harassment

Protesters gathered at the Federal Ministry of Education in...

Six Nigerians Among 0.8% of World’s Black Billionaires – Forbes

Black billionaires remain a small fraction of the world’s...

JUST-IN: Court Stops Pro-Wike Rally In Bayelsa

A Bayelsa State High Court in Yenagoa has issued...
spot_img

Related Articles

Popular Categories

spot_imgspot_img