Tag: N-POWER

  • N-Power: FG receives over 1m applications in the last 48 hour

    N-Power: FG receives over 1m applications in the last 48 hour

    The Federal Ministry of Humanitarian Affairs, Disaster Management, and Social Development has said over 1 million applications have been received from across the Federation in less than 48 hours that it opened the N-Power (Batch C) portal.

    This was contained in a statement signed on Sunday by the ministry’s Deputy Director, Information, Rhoda Iliya.

    The enrolment exercise for the new N-Power beneficiaries commenced on June 26.

    Iliya said youths with no formal education could send in applications for a new aspect of the programme with a focus on agriculture.

    “The Ministry wishes to reiterate that all young Nigerians between the ages of 18-35 with or without formal education can apply for a slot in the new program which would be very focused on agriculture.

    “The number of applications so far received is an indication of the number of our youths who need jobs and the confidence in the program.

    “The Ministry will continue to collaborate with its technical partners to provide timely support to all applicants. The selection process would be fair and transparent and the public would also be carried along at every stage,” she said.

    The N-Power Programme was inaugurated by the President, Major General Muhammadu Buhari (retd.), in 2016 under the National Social Investment Programme.

    The aim of the programme was to lift citizens out of poverty through capacity building, investment and direct support.

  • N-Power: Presidential aide says exit plans for beneficiaries on course

    N-Power: Presidential aide says exit plans for beneficiaries on course

    Mrs. Maryam Uwais, Special Adviser to President Muhammadu Buhari on Social Investment, says the National Social Investment Office has an exit plan for N-Power beneficiaries.
    Uwais told the News Agency of Nigeria (NAN), on Monday in Abuja that the plans were worked out ”long before
    the progamme was moved to the Ministry of Humanitarian Affairs, Disaster and Social Development.
    “We have had meetings with Central Bank of Nigeria on different loan options for the N-Power beneficiaries after exiting the scheme.
    “We have discussed with the Minister of Finance on some funding via the Government Enterprise and Empowerment Programme.
    “We have also met with state governors to employ beneficiaries from their own states. The goal is to give N-Power beneficiaries a smooth exit on graduation,” he said.
    She said that she had briefed the humanitarian affairs minister and also stressed the need to meet with the Minister of Finance to actualise the plans.
    The presidential aide dismissed reports claiming that the Social Investment Programmes would be restructured.
    “The National Social Investment Office is not aware of any plan to restructure or frustrate the programmes.
    “Our operations have been very transparent. For every payment to the beneficiaries of all the social investment programmes, the ministry is fully involved in all the processes,” she said.
    According to her, the programmes were under the Ministry of Budget and National Planning before they were moved to the new ministry. (NAN).