x

Two Kogi Poly Students Die from Generator Fumes

Must read

Tragedy struck at Kogi State Polytechnic, Lokoja, as two students lost their lives after inhaling fumes emitted by a power generator placed near the window of their apartment overnight.

Confirming the incident, the State Police Public Relations Officer, SP William Ovye Aya, revealed that the victims were identified as Bilikisu Eleojo, aged 20, and Ibrahim Haliru.

According to Aya, the fatal incident occurred when the generator, situated close to the victims’ window, emitted carbon monoxide while they slept, resulting in their untimely deaths.

The lifeless bodies of Bilikisu Eleojo and Ibrahim Haliru were discovered by neighbors early Thursday morning, while another student, Mercy Ojochegbe, who was still alive, was rushed to the hospital.

Aya stressed the importance of safety awareness, urging residents to take precautions to prevent carbon monoxide poisoning in their homes.

This tragic event echoes a similar incident in December, where a young couple in Ugborikoko community, Uvwie Local Government Area of Delta State, lost their lives due to inhaling fumes from a generator locked inside their apartment overnight.

Copyright DAYBREAK.

All rights reserved. This material, and other digital content on this website, may not be reproduced, published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from DAYBREAK NEWS.

More articles

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

- Advertisement -

Latest article