x

19 Killed, Houses Burnt In Fresh Attack In Kaduna, Niger Communities

SECURITY forces have informed the Kaduna State government that Kurmin Masara general area of Zangon Kataf Local Government Area of the state was attacked in the early hours of Sunday. 

According to the report, troops of the Nigerian Air Force Special Forces who responded to distress calls from the area were also ambush as they mobilised to the scene of the attack. 

A statement issued by the Commissioner for Internal Security and Home Affairs in the state, Samuel Aruwan, on Sunday while confirming the attack, said as of 4:30 p.m, 11 residents had been confirmed killed while some sustained gunshot injuries. 

The victims confirmed killed are listed as Elizabeth Ayuba, Veronica Auta, Bege Daniel, Kephas Waje, Promise Jacob, Damaris Istifanus, Hauwa Joshua, Dogara Gambo, Lidia Ishaya, Michael Achi and Gabriel Michael. 

The statement disclosed that over 30 houses and properties were burnt in the attack. According to the statement, the injured had been evacuated for treatment, while search-and-rescue operation and pursuit of the attackers was already in progress on different fronts.

It said the government of Kaduna State would make public further details as soon as they are received from security forces. 

“Governor Nasir El-Rufa’i, who has been in touch with the security forces and is receiving hourly briefings, expressed sadness at this report of the latest in a series of attacks in the area.” 

Meanwhile, eight persons were killed and several houses, shops, vehicles and motorcycles set ablaze when bandits attacked Garkogo community in Shiroro Local Government Area of Niger State last Saturday. 

It was gathered that those who survived the attack had fled the community for neighbouring areas, while some fled into the bush, which they considered safer. 

The Commissioner for Local Government, Chieftaincy Affairs and Internal Security in the state, Hon Emmanuel Umar, confirmed the attack to newsmen on Sunday in Minna, the state capital. 

He said the state government and security agencies were already working to bring the situation under control, adding that a joint police and military patrol had been deployed in the community.

Hot this week

Editors Urge Government To Create Safe, Enabling Environment For Journalists

· Ask security agents to find missing Vanguard journalistAs...

EXCLUSIVE: Buhari orders probe of Isa Funtua, AMCON over keystone and Etisalat

Following the controversy generated by the leading opposition party,...

6 Signs your boyfriend thinks you are ugly -Take note of No. 2

They say there are three kinds of people; the...

2023: South-East, Middle Belt Forum Endorses Peter Obi

The South-East and Middle Belt Forum has endorsed the...

Police Rescue Kidnapped Israeli Engineer in Taraba

The Taraba State Police Command, in collaboration with the...

PDP Chieftain Calls for EFCC Probe into Ebonyi Contract Racketeering

A chieftain of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) in...

BREAKING: Kevin De Bruyne Confirms Manchester City Departure

Kevin De Bruyne has officially announced that he will...

Wike dismisses rumours of collapse, says its a political gimmick to divert attention

By Joyce Remi-BabayejuThe FCT Minister, Barr. Nysome Wike on...

Ijoba Lande Reveals Payment After a Month on Set with Funke Akindele

Controversial Nollywood actor and comedian, Ijoba Lande, has shared...

Protesters Demand Suspension of FUOYE VC Over Alleged Sexual Harassment

Protesters gathered at the Federal Ministry of Education in...

Six Nigerians Among 0.8% of World’s Black Billionaires – Forbes

Black billionaires remain a small fraction of the world’s...

JUST-IN: Court Stops Pro-Wike Rally In Bayelsa

A Bayelsa State High Court in Yenagoa has issued...
spot_img

Related Articles

Popular Categories

spot_imgspot_img