Entertainment
Popular Nigerian Actor Okiki Adesina Is Dead
Veteran Nigerian filmmaker and comedian Okiki Adesina, popularly known as Janmole, has died following a fatal car accident.
The incident reportedly occurred on Monday, with the actor said to have lost his life in a ghastly road crash.
His death was confirmed by fellow filmmaker and President of the Theatre Arts and Motion Pictures Practitioners Association of Nigeria (TAMPAN), Bolaji Amusan, who announced the tragedy on his Instagram page on Tuesday.
In his tribute, Amusan described the loss as devastating, praying for the peaceful repose of the deceased and strength for his family, friends, and colleagues to bear the irreparable loss.
“May the soul of our departed colleague, Adesina Okiki Janmole, who tragically lost his life in an accident, rest in perfect peace,” he wrote.
The late actor was also noted to have survived a fire accident along the Lagos–Ibadan expressway about four years ago before his untimely death.
His passing has left colleagues in the Nigerian film industry mourning yet another loss in the entertainment sector.
Entertainment
Osun Election: Davido says US officials have contacted him
By Abigail David
Afrobeats star Davido has claimed that officials linked to the United States Government have contacted him following concerns he raised about the forthcoming Osun State governorship election.
The singer made the claim in a social media post, saying, “Trump’s people have reached out,” while expressing excitement over the development.
However, Davido did not disclose who specifically contacted him, when the communication occurred or what was discussed.
The claim comes amid heightened political attention surrounding the Osun governorship election, with various stakeholders expressing concerns and opinions ahead of the poll.
Davido has previously used his social media platforms to comment on political developments, particularly those involving Osun State.
Entertainment
“It’s either I have my children or go to jail” – Mr Obasi reacts to ₦1bn lawsuit
By Abigail David
Mr Obasi, the estranged former husband of actress Judy Austin, has reacted to a reported ₦1 billion lawsuit, insisting that the legal action will not stop him from speaking about his alleged efforts to reconnect with his children.
In a video shared online, Obasi questioned why he was being sued over his public comments and continued to demand access to his children.
He also disputed an alleged claim in the lawsuit that he last contacted Judy in 2018, questioning what had happened between them since then.
Addressing the alleged defamation claims, Obasi said he would continue speaking about his experiences regardless of the legal consequences.
He also recounted an alleged encounter with Judy in Enugu, claiming they stayed at a hotel, discussed family matters and later visited Mr Bigg’s to purchase items for their children.
Obasi maintained that the lawsuit would not silence him, insisting that he would continue speaking until he is able to resolve what he described as the issue of access to his children.
Entertainment
Content Creator Xxssive Criticises Jude Okoye Over Psquare Breakup
By Abigail David
Content creator Xxssive has publicly criticised music executive Jude Okoye, blaming him for the breakup of the iconic Nigerian music duo, Psquare.
In a video shared on his Instagram page, Xxssive expressed disappointment over the prolonged rift between brothers Peter and Paul Okoye, alleging that fans have been denied the opportunity to enjoy the group because of Jude Okoye’s role in the dispute.
He claimed that Psquare’s success was built on the brothers’ talent, performances and music, arguing that neither Peter nor Paul has released solo songs that have matched the duo’s biggest hits.
Xxssive also alleged that Jude Okoye’s management negatively affected the careers of other artistes, including Cynthia Morgan and May D. He questioned Jude’s record as a talent manager and maintained that fans were drawn to Psquare because of the duo’s performances rather than their former manager.
The comments add to the ongoing public discussions surrounding the long-running disagreements involving the Okoye brothers and their former manager. Jude Okoye has not publicly responded to Xxssive’s remarks at the time of this report.
-
Business23 hours agoApple to change app consent rules after German regulator’s concerns
-
News23 hours agoNigerian Farmers Commend Gettado’s Leadership of AFAN
-
News17 hours agoSecurity Collaboration Boosts Delta’s Peace, Economic Growth, Oborevwori Says
-
News12 hours agoUse Ugwuele Artefacts to Promote Igbo Unity, Prof Madubuike Urges Ohanaeze
-
News23 hours agoGov Kefas Sends Taraba Lawmakers, LG Chairmen to Jaji for Leadership Course
-
Lifestyle22 hours agoWhat Can You Become After Studying Political Science in Nigeria? 15 Career Paths to Consider
-
News18 hours agoForeign Affairs Minister Appoints Elesho, Oni as New Media Aides
-
News20 hours agoGroup Threatens Legal Action Against Akutah Over Alleged Breach of Presidential Directive

You must be logged in to post a comment Login