x

Buhari not aware of threat to kidnap him until I told him – El-rufai

Governor Nasir El-Rufai of Kaduna State has said he was the one who told President Muhammadu Buhari of the terrorists threat to abduct him.

In a video released at weekend, the terrorists who abducted some train passengers in March, threatened to abduct Buhari and El-Rufai.

Speaking on a Radio Programme monitored by our Correspondent on Wednesday night, the governor also said he himself had been warned to be careful including his family members.

He explained further that for the past five years he has been advocating for the bombing of terrorists camps wherever they are, saying it’s the only solution to the problem.

“I also heard about a video where they threatened to abduct Buhari and myself. I have been warned to be careful including my families too. How can we be in a country with soldiers, police and Federal Government but some terrorists will be threatening to abduct the president?

“‎If in the past those in government think this is a joke and see it as only happening in Katsina, Zamfara, Kaduna and Niger, it’s now at home and we must rise up to deal with these people. This is why I met with the president on Sunday and told him about these problems. I also told him about the video because up to that day he was not even aware. I told him and the following day Zamfara state governor, Bello Matawalle, also confirmed to him that he saw the video too so as to take action.

“The president assured me that he met with the service chiefs 3-4 days before our meeting and that he gave them a clear directive to have a comprehensive military operation to deal with those people. We hope, God’s willing the soldiers and police that were given the directives will hasten up to finish the job. We don’t have to wait until they (terrorists) strike before we respond.

“They (soldiers) must go after them wherever they are to deal with them. The truth is we are worried about the security situation but we hope the federal government will do the right thing, ” he said.

Hot this week

Ibom Air Partners MWAN on Cancer Awareness

By Ogenyi Ogenyi, Uyohas partnered with the (MWAN) to...

TSG DG Welcomes Gov Yusuf to APC, Backs Tinubu’s Renewed Hope Agenda

The Director-General of the Tinubu Support Groups (TSG), Dr....

Nigeria national football team 2026 WCQ Campaign Over on Pitch, FIFA Case Still Pending

Nigeria’s Super Eagles have officially concluded their on-field journey...

Omah Lay Sparks Concern With New Video

Nigerian singer Omah Lay, born Omah Stanley Didia, has...

FHQ Dominates 15th BIPOGA Swimming Competition With 15 Gold Medals

By Anne AzukaThe Police Force Headquarters (FHQ) dominated the...

BIPOGA: Zone 17 Wins 4x400m Relay in Female, Male Categories

By Anne AzukaZone 17 has emerged champion in both...

Nigeria national football team 2026 WCQ Campaign Over on Pitch, FIFA Case Still Pending

Nigeria’s Super Eagles have officially concluded their on-field journey...

Ogun State Police Command Detain TikToker Mirabel Over Alleged False Assault Claim

Popular Nigerian TikTok personality Mirabel has been taken into...

Manchester City F.C. Face Uncertain Future Amid 115-Charge Case

Premier League champions Manchester City remain embroiled in a...

Kogi Govt Hails Tinubu Over Faleke’s Appointment, Describes It as Strategic Masterstroke

From Noah Ocheni, LokojaThe Kogi State Government has expressed...

Stephen Keshi Stadium to Host BIPOGA Football Final as Zone 10 Face Zone 4

By Anne AzukaThe final of the male football event...

Related Articles

Popular Categories

spot_imgspot_img