x

Court Adjourns Andy Uba’s N400m Fraud Case to March 17

By Abigail Philip David

The Federal High Court in Abuja has adjourned the alleged N400 million fraud case against former Anambra South Senatorial District senator, Andy Uba, to March 17. The case, filed by the Nigerian Police, was postponed to allow the amended charges to be properly served on Uba and his co-defendant, Benjamin Etu.

Presiding over the case, Justice Inyang Ekwo directed the prosecution to ensure the amended charge, filed on March 4 and marked FHC/ABJ/CR/538/2024, is delivered to the defendants before the next hearing.

The charge accuses Uba and Etu of conspiring to defraud George Uboh by falsely claiming they could secure a Managing Director position at the Niger Delta Development Commission (NDDC) in exchange for N400 million. The charge further states that the alleged scheme took place in 2022 and involved a third suspect, Hajiya Fatima, who remains at large.

The offenses are said to violate Sections 8 and 1(3) of the Advance Fee Fraud and Other Fraud-Related Offenses Act, 2006.

At Wednesday’s proceedings, the prosecution counsel, Lukeman Anthony, informed the court that the charge had been amended but had yet to be served on the defendants. When Justice Ekwo asked how much time the prosecution needed to serve the documents, Anthony requested seven days.

The judge then ordered the prosecution to serve the amended charge on the defendants and adjourned the case until March 17 for further proceedings.

Hot this week

North-West Security Summit: Gov. Uba Sani, Defence Minister Outline Strategies to Tackle Insecurity

By Achadu Gabriel, KadunaKey stakeholders from government, defence,...

Delta Government Reaffirms Strong Partnership with Media to Advance MORE Agenda

By Anne AzukaThe Delta State Government has reaffirmed its...

Troops Intercept Drug Courier, Seize Over 108kg of Cannabis in Kogi

By Noah Ocheni, LokojaTroops of the 12 Brigade, Nigerian...

Court Bars Police, IGP From Harassing Owners of Nestoil Premises

A Federal High Court in Abuja has restrained the...

A”Ibom community condemns campaign against Monarch aftermath of election

By Ogenyi Ogenyi,UyoThe Ekpri Nsukara Offot Village Council has...

Igbomotoru Massacre: Amagbein urges CDS to reopen investigations to bring perpetrators to book

By Our CorrespondentNiger Delta ex-agitator, the self-styled General...

NOA Affirms Commitment to Drive Public Support for New Tax Laws

By Joyce Remi-BabayejuThe National Orientation Agency (NOA) has affirmed...

Youths Involvement is Essential in Peacebuilding

By Raliat AbdulkadirIn Nigeria today, the youths make up...

Riyadh 2025: Yussuf Alli Credits Team Nigeria’s Historic Success to NSC Planning, Athlete Welfare

Team Nigeria’s Deputy Chef-de-Mission to the Riyadh 2025 Islamic...

NYA Appoints Seven New State Chairmen for North-West Zone

By Jabiru HassanThe Office of the National Vice President...

Bishop Kukah Says No Christian Persecution in Nigeria, Cites Misuse of Data and Genocide Claims

By Achadu Gabriel, KadunaBishop of the Sokoto Catholic Diocese...

Related Articles

Popular Categories

spot_imgspot_img