x

EL-Rufai Jets out of the country, nominates replacement amidst ministerial confirmation bruhaha

By Achadu Gabriel, Kaduna

Former Governor of Kaduna State, Nasir El-Rufai, has jetted out of the country after his ministerial nomination was rejected and President Tinubu’s refusal to wade in to save him.

A source revealed that El-Rufai was off to Europe, but will be in Egypt first before heading to his final destination.

The senate had last week approved the appointment of 45, out of the 48 ministerial nominees submitted by President Bola Tinubu.

El-Rufai, and two other nominees; Stella Okotete (Delta) and Danladi Abubakar (Taraba) were not confirmed as the senate said they were awaiting security clearance about them.

Recall how Sunday Karimi, Senator representing Kogi west, presented a petition against el-Rufai during his screening last week but was later shutdown.

The former governor met with Tinubu at the presidential villa in Abuja, on Tuesday with Nnysom Wike, but the outcome of the meeting was not made public.

Presidency sources quoted by some media, said El-Rufai told President Tinubu that he was no longer interested in becoming a minister, but would continue to contribute his quota to the development of Nigeria as a private citizen.

“He also told the president that he needed time to focus on his doctorate degree programme at a university in The Netherlands”, another source quited to have said.

Another source was quoted as saying that El-Rufai suggested a new ministerial nominee, Jafaru Ibrahim Sani, as replacement to get the appointment for Kaduna.

Hot this week

Kaduna Govt Denies El-Rufai’s Allegation of N1bn Payment to Bandits, Threatens Legal Action

By Achadu Gabriel, KadunaThe Kaduna State Government has dismissed...

The G20 Johannesburg Summit 2025 And Growing African Capacity In Global Governance

By Sheriff Ghali IbrahimThe Group of Twenty, commonly known...

Tinubu’s Swift Security Interventions Reflect Good Leadership — Amb. Tsoken

By Jabiru HassanThe National President of the APC Initiative...

Igbomotoru Massacre: Amagbein urges CDS to reopen investigations to bring perpetrators to book

By Our CorrespondentNiger Delta ex-agitator, the self-styled General...

We won’t Forgive Anyone Involved In FCT Schools Closure — Wike

By Joyce Remi-BabayejuFollowing the false memo issued by the...

A”Ibom community condemns campaign against Monarch aftermath of election

By Ogenyi Ogenyi,UyoThe Ekpri Nsukara Offot Village Council has...

Igbomotoru Massacre: Amagbein urges CDS to reopen investigations to bring perpetrators to book

By Our CorrespondentNiger Delta ex-agitator, the self-styled General...

NOA Affirms Commitment to Drive Public Support for New Tax Laws

By Joyce Remi-BabayejuThe National Orientation Agency (NOA) has affirmed...

Youths Involvement is Essential in Peacebuilding

By Raliat AbdulkadirIn Nigeria today, the youths make up...

Riyadh 2025: Yussuf Alli Credits Team Nigeria’s Historic Success to NSC Planning, Athlete Welfare

Team Nigeria’s Deputy Chef-de-Mission to the Riyadh 2025 Islamic...

NYA Appoints Seven New State Chairmen for North-West Zone

By Jabiru HassanThe Office of the National Vice President...

Bishop Kukah Says No Christian Persecution in Nigeria, Cites Misuse of Data and Genocide Claims

By Achadu Gabriel, KadunaBishop of the Sokoto Catholic Diocese...

Related Articles

Popular Categories

spot_imgspot_img