x

Elon Musk Isn’t Serious About Cage Fight – Zuckerberg

Elon Musk “isn’t serious” about holding a cage fight and “it’s time to move on”, Mark Zuckerberg has said.

In a post on his social media site Threads, the Meta boss said he had offered Mr Musk “a real date” but the rival entrepreneur had made excuses.

Mr Musk had earlier on Sunday suggested on his own messaging site X, formerly known as Twitter, that he was willing to fight as early as Monday.

The billionaires agreed to the bout in June, sparking huge media attention.

But despite egging each other on for months, the rivals have yet to secure a date, raising doubts the fight will ever go ahead.

The war of words was complicated by the launch of Threads in July, with the rival messaging app to X attracting more than 100 million sign-ups in less than a week.

That number has fallen back, and X remains comfortably ahead with around 350 million users – but Mr Musk has threatened to sue Facebook for “unlawful misappropriation of Twitter’s trade secrets”.

Meta denies the claims.

Last week, Mr Zuckerberg said he had proposed 26 August for the cage fight. Then in a twist on Friday, Italy’s culture minister said that he had spoken to Mr Musk about hosting the showdown in the country as a charity event.

Mr Musk suggested it would have “an ancient Rome theme”.

On Sunday, however, the Meta boss posted on Threads: “Elon won’t confirm a date, then says he needs surgery, and now asks to do a practice round in my backyard instead.

“If Elon ever gets serious about a real date and official event, he knows how to reach me. Otherwise, time to move on. I’m going to focus on competing with people who take the sport seriously.”

Responding on X, however, Mr Musk called the Meta boss a “chicken”.

Earlier, Mr Musk had posted a text message exchange on the messaging platform purportedly between himself and Mr Zuckerberg.

In it he tells the Meta boss that he will be in Palo Alto, home to Meta’s headquarters, on Monday and that the fight could be held in Mr Zuckerberg’s Octagon, which is the eight-sided ring in which cage fights are held.

Mr Musk continued: “I have not been practicing much, apart from a brief bout with Lex Fridman [the computer scientist and podcast host] today.

“While I think it is very unlikely, l given our size difference, perhaps you are a modern day Bruce Lee and will somehow win.”

Elon Musk, 52, and Mark Zuckerberg, 39 are two of the world’s most high-profile technology billionaires.

The bizarre idea to fight each other started in June, when Mr Musk tweeted that he was “up for a cage fight” with Mr Zuckerberg.

The Meta boss, who already has mixed martial arts (MMA) training and has recently won jiu-jitsu tournaments, simply responded with “send me location”.

Hot this week

Pete Edochie Alive and Healthy, Family Debunks Death Rumours

The family of Nollywood veteran actor, Chief Pete Edochie,...

Abuja Bus Terminals to ” Hit the Ground Running” After FEC Approval, Wike Assures

By Joyce Remi- BabayejuThe FCT Minister, Barr.Nyesom Wike, has...

Bomb Scare Disrupts Activities at Bayelsa Secretariat, Police Arrest Suspect

Activities were disrupted at the Bayelsa State Civil Service...

A’Ibom tasks sports officials on capacity building

By Ogenyi EmekaPaul Bassey, Commissioner for Sports in Akwa...

Jude Bellingham Linked With Conditional Move to Manchester United

Reports indicate that Jude Bellingham has reached an agreement...

Wike’s Bold Governance , Infrastructure Renewal in FCT is Exemplary, says Gusau

By Joyce Remi- BabayejuThe former Coordinating Director, Economic and...

Excitement as Warri/Effurun Roads, Flyovers near completion

. Julius Berger works speedily ahead rainy seasonThere...

Ibom Air Partners MWAN on Cancer Awareness

By Ogenyi Ogenyi, Uyohas partnered with the (MWAN) to...

A’Ibom Confident of April Target for Int’l Flights as VAIA Receives Boarding Bridges

By Ogenyi Ogenyi, UyoThe Government has expressed confidence that...

NYA: A Platform for Young Nigerians to Defend Democracy – Youth President

By Jabiru HassanThe (NYA) has reaffirmed its commitment to...

FG Reaffirms Commitment to Interfaith Dialogue and National Unity

By Francis WilfredPresident has reaffirmed Nigeria’s commitment to interfaith...

Bayelsa Honours Over 90 Veteran Journalists with Cash Awards, Football Fiesta

More than 90 retired journalists in were celebrated for...

Related Articles

Popular Categories

spot_imgspot_img