x

Kidnapped CBN Asst. Director freed after paying N220m ransom in Kaduna

By Achadu Gabriel. Kaduna

An assistant Director with Central Bank of Nigeria, has been reportedly set free from Bandits captivity after paying the whopping sum of N220m cash as ransom n addition to some brand new motorbikes.

The Assistant director was reportedly kidnapped along with his younger brother on 16th February 2024 during a terror attack which occurred at kwassam and Sabon Layin kan Makama both in Kauru Local Government Area.

About 5 people were also said to have been killed and scores of others kidnapped during the attack

The CBN assistant director, identified as Zakariya Markus spent roughly three months in the bandits den before he was released Tuesday, somewhere around Kachia in Kachia LGA of Kaduna state, according to a known source.

According to a source who was promised anonymity Wednesday, he said the CBN staff travelled to the area in Pambeguwa Kaduna state to visit with his parents when he was kidnapped three months ago.
The source ssid mediators had tried appealing to the nandits, to release the victim, but all their efforts proved abortive.

At the time of filing this report it was not clear whether CBN was part of the ransom payment, eyewitness however said the victim who lamented the bitter experience he went through in the hands of the Bandits is now in Abuja under medical care.

The released CBN is reported to have revealed that over 200 kidnapped victims are still with the kidnappers in the forest, around the Kachia areas not too far from military formations.

“There’s a shallow hole close to the Bandits end where they push down bodies of those shot and killed for inability to met up with the ransom demanded from their families.
Details later.

Southern Kaduna people’s Union (SOKAPU) had earlier issued a statement on 16th February 2024, signed by the Union’s spokesman Josiah Yusuf Abraks, revealing that about 50 people were also said have been kidnapped in the attacked.

The SOKAPU statement had read in parts: “Information reaching SOKAPU states that terror attacks have taken place yesterday (16/02/24) at kwassam and Sabon Layin kan Makama both in Kauru Local Government Area. At Kwassam about 5 people were said to have been killed and scores of others kidnapped including a former assistant Director of the CBN and his younger brother.

‘While at Sabon Layin kan Makama about 50 people were said to have been kidnapped. These atrocities continually being visited on citizens of the state are despicable and highly condemnable and we hereby unequivocally condemn the acts and their perpetrators.

“We call on the state government and all relevant authorities not to relent in their good works, but to step up and remain steadfast in ensuring the safety and peace of all law abiding citizens of the state. Members of every community should please be organized and alert to detect unusual movements and presence of things around them, to help the authorities with pre-emptive actions.

“We sincerely condole with all affected family members and relations, and pray that we see to the end of these atrocities soonest”, it stated.

Hot this week

Editors Urge Government To Create Safe, Enabling Environment For Journalists

· Ask security agents to find missing Vanguard journalistAs...

EXCLUSIVE: Buhari orders probe of Isa Funtua, AMCON over keystone and Etisalat

Following the controversy generated by the leading opposition party,...

6 Signs your boyfriend thinks you are ugly -Take note of No. 2

They say there are three kinds of people; the...

2023: South-East, Middle Belt Forum Endorses Peter Obi

The South-East and Middle Belt Forum has endorsed the...

INEC Collapses Plans to RecallSenator Natasha in Kogi

By Noah Ocheni, LokojaThe Independent National Electoral Commission, (INEC)...

BREAKING: Renewed Hope Proactiveness In Tackling Emergencies Commended.

By Jabiru Hassan.Less than 24 hours of the sad...

INEC Rejects Petition to Recall Senator Natasha in Kogi,

By Noah Ocheni, LokojaThe Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC)...

Delta 2027: No Vacancy In Govt House, says Guwor

By Anne Azuka Speaker, Delta State House of Assembly, Rt...

Rainstorm destroys over 70 houses  in Langtang South LGA of Plateau

By Isreal Adamu, Jos No fewer than 70  houses and...

Plateau govt fumes as gunmen kill 10 persons in Bokkos LGA 

By Israel Adamu,Jos At least, 10 persons were killed on...

SOSG seeks partnership to revive moribound industries 

By Muhammad Ibrahim, Sokoto Gov  Ahmed Aliyu says his administration...

Governor Skkoto bags ANCOPS’s Excellence Award In Education

By Muhammad Ibrahim, Sokoto The All Nigerian Conference of Principals...
spot_img

Related Articles

Popular Categories

spot_imgspot_img