x

Man Flees After Allegedly Attacking Wife Over Sexual Harassment Accusation

 

The Ondo State Police Command has initiated a search for Kehinde Olanipekun, a man accused of attacking his wife, Damilola, with a machete. The incident occurred at their residence in the Idasen Community within the Owo Local Government Area of the state a few days ago.

The dispute arose when Damilola confronted her husband, alleging that he had sexually harassed her 14-year-old daughter from a previous relationship. This accusation came after the daughter reported the alleged misconduct to her mother. The following day, Olanipekun reportedly attacked his wife with a machete and then fled the scene.

The motive behind the attack appears to be connected to the serious allegation leveled against Olanipekun by his wife. Following the assault, neighbors rushed Damilola to the Federal Medical Centre in Owo. However, due to the severity of her injuries, she was later referred to another medical facility.

Damilola explained, “My daughter (Olanipekun’s stepdaughter) told me how my husband had been sexually harassing her whenever I was not at home. So I was disturbed when I got back home. So the following day, I had to ask him; he didn’t deny it, but he apologized to me. On that fateful day, he said he was going to work and left. But not up to one hour, he came and locked the door from behind and brought out a machete inside the room; when I asked him why, he said he wanted to go and work at the site. Without any prior argument, the next thing is that he started hitting me with the machete. He punched my head and my face, grabbed his machete again, and started hitting every other part of my body. I fell, I couldn’t defend myself. When the neighbors heard my loud cry, they knocked at the door to rescue me, but the door was locked from behind. After a while, he had run away, I opened the door, and the neighbors eventually rescued me. I was rushed to the hospital.”

The State Police Public Relations Officer, Mrs. Funmilayo Odunlami, confirmed the incident and the ongoing search for the suspect, who remains at large. Odunlami stated, “We have begun the search for the suspect, and an investigation has commenced into the matter.”

Hot this week

Retired Public Servant, 3 Others Bag PhD From UniAbuja

A retired public servant, Fanny Ifeoma Mbonu, was among...

Wumi Toriola Reacts After Being Mocked for Having Only One Child

Nollywood actress Wumi Toriola has responded to a social...

FG Reaffirms Commitment to Eradicating Insecurity, Seeks Stronger Global Support – Akume

By Francis WilfredThe Federal Government has reiterated its...

Today’s football match fixtures

Wednesday, 26 November 2025Champions League18:45 CETAE Pafos vs MonacoCopenhagen...

A”Ibom community condemns campaign against Monarch aftermath of election

By Ogenyi Ogenyi,UyoThe Ekpri Nsukara Offot Village Council has...

Igbomotoru Massacre: Amagbein urges CDS to reopen investigations to bring perpetrators to book

By Our CorrespondentNiger Delta ex-agitator, the self-styled General...

NOA Affirms Commitment to Drive Public Support for New Tax Laws

By Joyce Remi-BabayejuThe National Orientation Agency (NOA) has affirmed...

Youths Involvement is Essential in Peacebuilding

By Raliat AbdulkadirIn Nigeria today, the youths make up...

Riyadh 2025: Yussuf Alli Credits Team Nigeria’s Historic Success to NSC Planning, Athlete Welfare

Team Nigeria’s Deputy Chef-de-Mission to the Riyadh 2025 Islamic...

NYA Appoints Seven New State Chairmen for North-West Zone

By Jabiru HassanThe Office of the National Vice President...

Bishop Kukah Says No Christian Persecution in Nigeria, Cites Misuse of Data and Genocide Claims

By Achadu Gabriel, KadunaBishop of the Sokoto Catholic Diocese...

North-West Security Summit: Gov. Uba Sani, Defence Minister Outline Strategies to Tackle Insecurity

By Achadu Gabriel, KadunaKey stakeholders from government, defence,...

Related Articles

Popular Categories

spot_imgspot_img