x

Military debunks report that some Chibok girls were rescued from Boko Haram captivity

The Chief of Defence Staff (CDS), Maj. Gen. Lucky Irabor, has dismissed reports claiming the military recently rescued some Chibok schoolgirls who were abducted in 2014.

Last week, DailyTrust had reported that some parents of the abducted school girls claimed they have received reports that some of their daughters have been rescued. The report claimed the girls were rescued during a clearance operation in the Northeast.

However at a briefing in Borno state on Sunday, January 31, the Chief of Defence Staff, Maj.-Gen. Lucky Irabor, denied the report.

“We do not have any of the Chibok girls in our custody. So if they are not with us we have nothing to confirm again.

It was the desire of the military the get the Chibok girls back safely and if our operations have helped those said to have escaped, I think we are glad” Irabor said

Hot this week

Delta State Receives Torch of Unity Ahead of 2nd Niger Delta Games

By Anne AzukaDelta State has formally received the Torch...

Priyanka Chopra Jonas Addresses Stunt Speculation in The Bluff

Priyanka Chopra Jonas has responded to speculation about her...

GPF and Nigerian Faith Leaders Call for Urgent Action on Rising Violence

By Achadu Gabriel, KadunaFaith and community leaders from Nigeria...

David Raya Urges Arsenal F.C. To Stay Fearless in Title Race

David Raya has called on Arsenal to embrace the...

Olukoyede Reiterates Collaboration as Catalyst in Anti-Corruption Fight

By Francis WilfredThe Executive Chairman of the (EFCC), Ola...

FHQ Dominates 15th BIPOGA Swimming Competition With 15 Gold Medals

By Anne AzukaThe Police Force Headquarters (FHQ) dominated the...

BIPOGA: Zone 17 Wins 4x400m Relay in Female, Male Categories

By Anne AzukaZone 17 has emerged champion in both...

Nigeria national football team 2026 WCQ Campaign Over on Pitch, FIFA Case Still Pending

Nigeria’s Super Eagles have officially concluded their on-field journey...

Ogun State Police Command Detain TikToker Mirabel Over Alleged False Assault Claim

Popular Nigerian TikTok personality Mirabel has been taken into...

Manchester City F.C. Face Uncertain Future Amid 115-Charge Case

Premier League champions Manchester City remain embroiled in a...

Kogi Govt Hails Tinubu Over Faleke’s Appointment, Describes It as Strategic Masterstroke

From Noah Ocheni, LokojaThe Kogi State Government has expressed...

Stephen Keshi Stadium to Host BIPOGA Football Final as Zone 10 Face Zone 4

By Anne AzukaThe final of the male football event...

Related Articles

Popular Categories

spot_imgspot_img