x

Ondo, army to partner in recruitment exercise

The Ondo State Government has expressed its readiness to collaborate with the Nigerian Army in mobilising its youths for the forthcoming recruitment into the military.

Gov. Oluwarotimi Akeredolu made this known on Wednesday in Akure while receiving the Nigerian Army Director of Recruitment, Resettlement and Reserve, Brig.-Gen. Henry Akpan.

Akeredolu, who was represented by his deputy, Hon. Agboola Ajayi, while appreciating the efforts and sacrifices of soldiers in sustaining Nigeria’s unity, called on the military not to compromise in the recruitment exercise.

According to him, the government will support the military to enlighten able-bodied youths who are mentally and physically fit to be enlisted in the army.

Akeredolu, however, called on the army to ensure that those to be recruited in the state were genuine indigenes.

He added that a situation where people from other states would present forged state of origin certificates to get slots should not be encouraged.

Akeredolu noted that the task of the military was daunting and urged the people to pray for its success.

Earlier in his address, Akpan had solicited the support of the government and people of the state in sensitising the public ahead of the recruitment execise.

He said that the sensitisation campaign tour was informed by the desire of the army to keep Nigerians abreast of its current approach to the training of its personnel.

“It is aimed at educating our brothers and sisters, citizens of Ondo State of the current Nigerian Army’s approach to the training of its personnel; those serving and those we intend to recruit into the system.

“It is also sequel to the directive of the Chief of Army Staff, Lt.-Gen. Tukur Buratai, that special forces training concept should be incorporated into the Nigerian Army training.

“That means all personnel in Nigeria Army and those we intend to recruit into the system must undergo special forces training,” Akpan said.

Hot this week

Pay 1% NCDF Levy or Risk Loss of Approvals, NCDMB Warns

The (NCDMB) has reiterated that payment of the one...

Olukoyede Reiterates Collaboration as Catalyst in Anti-Corruption Fight

By Francis WilfredThe Executive Chairman of the (EFCC), Ola...

Abuja Bus Terminals to ” Hit the Ground Running” After FEC Approval, Wike Assures

By Joyce Remi- BabayejuThe FCT Minister, Barr.Nyesom Wike, has...

Union Newspapers Alleges El-Rufai Dragged Them to Court for Six Years Over N90bn Asset Report

By Achadu Gabriel, KadunaThe has accused former Kaduna State...

TY Danjuma Praises Trump for Spotlight on Middle Belt Insecurity at Plateau Varsity Event

Former Defence Minister, Lt.-Gen. Theophilus Yakubu Danjuma (retd.), has...

FCT Area Council Polls: AMAC PDP Chairmanship Candidate Steps Down For APC Candidate

By Joyce Remi- BabayejuAhead of the Federal Capital Territory...

FCT Council Elections: Wike declares Friday Work Free

.. Restrict Movement From 8pm On Friday To 6pm...

Kano Assembly Speaker Extends Ramadan Greetings to Muslim Faithful

By Jabiru HassanThe Speaker of the , Rt. Hon....

Kaduna Gov Uba Sani Pledges No Demolition Without Compensation

By Achadu Gabriel, KadunaKaduna State Governor, , has assured...

YDV Commends Tinubu’s Security Measures, Urges Increased Focus on Kwara State

The socio-political organization, (YDV), has commended President for his...

Union Newspapers Alleges El-Rufai Dragged Them to Court for Six Years Over N90bn Asset Report

By Achadu Gabriel, KadunaThe has accused former Kaduna State...

FERMA Proposes ₦229.999 Billion 2026 Budget, Calls for Enhanced Legislative Support

By Jabiru HassanThe (FERMA) has submitted a proposed budget...

Defence beyond Guns: Why Human Life Matters 

    By Abu Jemimah Lami Defence is often imagined...

Related Articles

Popular Categories

spot_imgspot_img