x

Oyo Agency Condemns Vandalism of Newly Rehabilitated Road

…Orders Removal of Illegal Shanties in Lagelu, Egbeda LGAs

The Oyo State Government has condemned the destruction of a portion on the newly rehabilitated Olusoji-WCCI road, a few days after it was officially opened for public use.

A viral video of the destroyed portion of the road had surfaced earlier on Friday. In a statement in Ibadan, the Chairman, Oyo State Road Maintenance Agency, ‘Busoye Ogunlade, said he was aware of the incident, where a truck carrying over 60 tonnes of cement destroyed the portion, after it lost its brake.

Ogunlade, who expressed disappointment at how the truck driver took to his heels after the destruction, described it as a cowardly act.

“The Agency is in receipt of a report on vandalism on the newly rehabilitated road, particularly the unfortunate incident of destruction of a part of the Olusoji-WCCI road by a truck driver, who is at large as we speak.”

The Agency condemns in the strongest terms this ruthless destruction of the first phase of Olusoji-WCCI road, as a deliberate act of sabotage on a key link road that has immense socio-economic benefits to the state and indeed the entire nation.

Ogunlade said that the road that was completed last week is one of the state’s projects intended to bridge the gap in the road infrastructure yearnings of the people of the area.

Mr. Ogunlade appreciated the residents of the area for their concern, assuring them that the destroyed portion of the road had been fixed almost immediately. He explained that a technical team was immediately deployed to inspect, evaluate, and reinstate the damaged parts of the road.

Ogunlade said the building, where the truck offloaded the cements, has been sealed. The Chairman added that henceforth, the Agency will ensure that perpetrators of such acts face the full wrath of the law.

In another development, the Commissioner for Environment and Natural Resource, Architect Abdulmojeed Mogbonjubola has condemned the erection of illegal structures springing up in unauthorized places in Lagelu and Egbeda Local Government Council Areas.

The Commissioner, has consequently directed staffers of the Ministry to immediately issue evacuation notices to erring owners along Carlton Gate Estate, Chief Kolapo Isola Estate through Akobo Ojurin, Iyana Church, in Ibadan.

Hot this week

BIPOGA Wrestling: Police Zones Battle for Top Honors

By Anne AzukaThe 15th Biennial Police Games (BIPOGA) opened...

Kano Assembly Speaker Extends Ramadan Greetings to Muslim Faithful

By Jabiru HassanThe Speaker of the , Rt. Hon....

Defence beyond Guns: Why Human Life Matters 

    By Abu Jemimah Lami Defence is often imagined...

El-Rufai Must Return Every Kobo Allegedly Looted – Shehu Sani

By Achadu Gabriel, KadunaFormer Senator representing Kaduna Central in...

FCT Area Council Polls: AMAC PDP Chairmanship Candidate Steps Down For APC Candidate

By Joyce Remi- BabayejuAhead of the Federal Capital Territory...

FHQ Dominates 15th BIPOGA Swimming Competition With 15 Gold Medals

By Anne AzukaThe Police Force Headquarters (FHQ) dominated the...

BIPOGA: Zone 17 Wins 4x400m Relay in Female, Male Categories

By Anne AzukaZone 17 has emerged champion in both...

Nigeria national football team 2026 WCQ Campaign Over on Pitch, FIFA Case Still Pending

Nigeria’s Super Eagles have officially concluded their on-field journey...

Ogun State Police Command Detain TikToker Mirabel Over Alleged False Assault Claim

Popular Nigerian TikTok personality Mirabel has been taken into...

Manchester City F.C. Face Uncertain Future Amid 115-Charge Case

Premier League champions Manchester City remain embroiled in a...

Kogi Govt Hails Tinubu Over Faleke’s Appointment, Describes It as Strategic Masterstroke

From Noah Ocheni, LokojaThe Kogi State Government has expressed...

Stephen Keshi Stadium to Host BIPOGA Football Final as Zone 10 Face Zone 4

By Anne AzukaThe final of the male football event...

Related Articles

Popular Categories

spot_imgspot_img