x

We’ve Lost More Than N3bn Meant to Prevent Abuja-Kaduna Train Attack – Amaechi

Minister of Transportation Rotimi Amaechi on Tuesday said it will take more than N3 billion to replace what had been lost to the attack on the Abuja-Kaduna rail route.

Terrorists had attacked a train on the route on Monday, killing at least eight persons.

Many are also believed to have been abducted.

READ ALSO: Trade Union Secretary Killed In Abuja-Kaduna Train Attack

Mr Amaechi, speaking to reporters after visiting the scene of the attack, said the unfortunate event could have been avoided if a N3 billion digital security equipment had been acquired.

“We knew what the problem would be. We knew we needed to have digital security equipment. We applied for it.

“Because if we had those equipment, you will see nobody on that track. And I warned that lives will be lost. Now, lives are lost. Eight persons dead, 25 persons in the hospital. We don’t know how many persons have been kidnapped. And the cost of that equipment is just N3 billion. The cost of what we’ve lost is more than N3 billion. We’ve lost tracks, we’ve lost locomotives and coaches. We’ve lost human beings. And the equipment is just N3 billion.

“To fix all the things on that track now, will cost us more than N3 billion. And now even the things we said give us approval to buy – at the time we asked for it, dollar was N400, now it is N500. When you come with sincerity to government and your colleagues and people are stopping you, it is annoying.”

Hot this week

Abuja Bus Terminals to ” Hit the Ground Running” After FEC Approval, Wike Assures

By Joyce Remi- BabayejuThe FCT Minister, Barr.Nyesom Wike, has...

CDHR National President Extols Virtues of Late Beko Ransome-Kuti

By Jabiru HassanThe National President of the Centre for...

ICAN Commends EFCC Chairman Olukoyede for Anti-Corruption Achievements

By Francis WilfredThe President and Chairman of the Institute...

SPL: Cristiano Ronaldo’s Eight Conditions to End Al-Nassr Strike Revealed

Details have emerged regarding Cristiano Ronaldo’s conditions for ending...

55 Years of Partnership and the New Dawn in China–Nigeria Bilateral Relations

By Joseph Tegbe, Director-General and Global Liaison, Nigeria–China Strategic...

El-Rufai Must Return Every Kobo Allegedly Looted – Shehu Sani

By Achadu Gabriel, KadunaFormer Senator representing Kaduna Central in...

El-rufai must return every Kobo he allegedly looted in Kaduna- Sen. Shehu Sani

By Achadu Gabriel, KadunaThe Senator representing Kaduna Central...

Nigeria Police invites World Boxing Champion, Bash Ali, over petition, fraud allegations

By Gabriel AchaduBy Achadu Gabriel, KadunaNigeria police has...

Kano Speaker Extends Condolences Over Singa Market Fire

By Jabiru HassanThe Speaker of the , Rt. Hon....

Northern Citizens’ Group Slams El-Rufai Over NSA Phone-Tapping Claim

By Achadu Gabriel, KadunaThe Northern Citizens’ Group has criticized...

Related Articles

Popular Categories

spot_imgspot_img