x

Accord Party Candidate Kennedy Iyere Withdraws From Edo Governorship Race

Comrade Kennedy Iyere, the Accord Party candidate for the Edo State governorship election, has officially withdrawn from the race. Iyere, a well-known humanitarian, philanthropist, and social entrepreneur, stated that his decision stems from a desire to serve Nigeria on a larger scale, addressing national social and economic challenges, particularly food security and hunger.

Iyere previously presented the ‘Food4All Initiative,’ a multi-billion dollar food intervention program, to President Bola Tinubu. The initiative aims to secure food supplies and create mass employment through the ‘One-Family-One-Farmer Scheme,’ targeting youth and women.

His withdrawal was also influenced by internal party disputes, including an alleged plot by his running mate, Bright Enabulele, and other party members to undermine his candidacy. Despite the upcoming election, Iyere urged Edo voters to remain peaceful and vote with their conscience, stressing the importance of equitable power sharing across the state’s three senatorial districts.

Iyere plans to shift his focus to national development, working with the federal government to create a roadmap for economic inclusion and youth engagement through social intervention programs. These programs, set to launch in October 2024, aim to empower over six million youths and women as entrepreneurs, addressing unemployment and poverty.

Explaining his decision, Iyere said, “I’m no longer focused on the governorship seat. I want to serve Nigerians at large, beyond Edo State, and help rebuild the nation’s economic strength. Being a governor would limit my ability to contribute on a national level.”

He emphasized that his alignment with the federal government is driven by a desire for public service, rather than political ambition, as he works on programs to reduce unemployment and foster entrepreneurial opportunities for youths and women.

“These programs will enhance entrepreneurship in multiple sectors, including agriculture, technology, and entertainment. More than six million youth and women entrepreneurs will be created within the first year of the program’s launch, providing essential business capital to start or expand enterprises,” Iyere concluded.

Hot this week

North-Central APC Forum Rejects Calls for Governors to Face Primaries Ahead of 2027

The North-Central All Progressives Congress (APC) Forum has opposed...

I Have Moved On From My Ex-Wife Annie – 2Face Idibia

Nigerian music icon Innocent Idibia, popularly known as 2Face,...

Plateau Commission Rescues Five Children, Arrests Three Over Alleged Trafficking to Cross River

The Plateau State Gender and Equal Opportunities Commission says...

CDHR National President Extols Virtues of Late Beko Ransome-Kuti

By Jabiru HassanThe National President of the Centre for...

Olakunle Churchill Celebrates Wife Rosy Meurer on Her Birthday

Nigerian businessman and philanthropist Olakunle Churchill is celebrating his...

Arsenal Lead as 14 Teams Reach FA Cup Fifth Round

Arsenal stormed into the FA Cup fifth round for...

NO ONE IS ABOVE GOD, NOT EVEN THE POPE – AONDOAKAA

Former Attorney General of the Federation and Minister of...

TY Danjuma Praises Trump for Spotlight on Middle Belt Insecurity at Plateau Varsity Event

Former Defence Minister, Lt.-Gen. Theophilus Yakubu Danjuma (retd.), has...

Diri Marks Sixth Anniversary in Office with Thanksgiving Service in Bayelsa

Bayelsa State Governor Douye Diri on Saturday marked six...

Asaba 2026: Tinubu, Oborevwori Rally Support as Police Games Open

By Anne AzukaPresident and Delta State Governor have reaffirmed...

Related Articles

Popular Categories

spot_imgspot_img