Connect with us

Uncategorized

Why I Married Cristiano Ronaldo in Our Living Room – Georgina Rodriguez

Published

on

Cristiano Ronaldo’s partner, Georgina Rodriguez, has explained why they chose to have a private wedding at home instead of hosting an extravagant ceremony.

Ronaldo and Rodriguez recently announced their marriage in a joint Instagram post, revealing that the ceremony was a modest affair held in the living room of their mansion in Cascais, Portugal.

The decision surprised many, particularly those who expected the high-profile couple to celebrate their union with a lavish wedding.

In an interview with Vogue, Rodriguez explained that her views about marriage and weddings had changed over the years. She said that although she once dreamed of a fairy-tale wedding as a child, she eventually came to prefer a more intimate celebration with her family.

“As a little girl, I envisioned the grandest castle, the most magnificent carriage, the longest gown and a crown adorned with diamonds,” she said.

“Now, I find myself saying: no. I desire something intimate, shared with my partner and our children, in the comfort of our home. We have access to castles, houses, islands, horses, and cars every day.

“However, an intimate gathering is something more unique for us,” she added.

Rodriguez also explained that holding the ceremony in their living room carried special emotional significance because it is where the family spends much of its everyday life.

“We chose to hold the ceremony in our living room, the place where we share breakfast, lunch, and dinner, and where we experience our daily lives,” she said.

“In 30 years, I want our children to remember that something wonderful occurred at this table, the wedding vows of their parents,” Rodriguez added.

Continue Reading
Click to comment

You must be logged in to post a comment Login

Leave a Reply

Uncategorized

Ronaldo Says 2026 Will ‘Probably’ Be His Final Year in Football

Published

on

By

Cristiano Ronaldo has revealed that 2026 will “probably” be his final year as a professional footballer.

The 41-year-old Portuguese superstar made the disclosure in an interview with Vogue, saying he wants to end his illustrious career by leaving a “spectacular legacy.”

Ronaldo, who has scored more than 950 goals for club and country, has previously suggested that his retirement could come “soon” or within “one or two years.”

“This is probably my last year of football, and I want to leave a spectacular legacy,” he told Vogue, adding that his life after football was already “all mapped out.”

“I have so many things to keep me busy that to tell you just one thing is hard,” Ronaldo said, listing travel and padel among his favourite activities.

The former Manchester United, Real Madrid and Juventus forward acknowledged that retirement could leave a significant void in his life, stressing the need to stay active after football.

“Because football could leave a big hole, you have to fill your time in various ways, not just one,” he said.

Ronaldo recently married his longtime partner, Georgina Rodriguez, in an intimate ceremony in the Portuguese resort town of Cascais.

Reflecting on life after football, Ronaldo said he looked forward to enjoying the rewards of his remarkable career.

“I want to continue to enjoy what I’ve earned — what we’ve earned. Because after all it’s been 25 years with a lot of sacrifice,” he said.

Following Portugal’s run to the last 16 of the World Cup this summer, Ronaldo is expected to return to his club, Al Nassr, for the new Saudi Pro League season.

Continue Reading

News

Another First For DSSAs Court Backs State Trial of Terror Suspects

Published

on

A High Court of Plateau State, on Tuesday, ruled that State High Courts have the jurisdiction to try persons accused of terrorism and terrorism-related charges under the Terrorism (Prevention and Prohibition) Act (TPPA) 2022,
The ruling could significantly alter Nigeria’s war on terrorism, especially the trial of terrorism suspects heretofore believed to be the exclusive responsibility of the Federal government through the Federal High Courts.

Ruling on an motion on jurisdiction by four suspects arrested by the Department of State Services (DSS) for allegedly partaking in the Easter 2026 Angwa Rukuba massacre in the state, Justice Gedeliah Fwomyon of the State High Court,
said the TPPA did not bar State High Courts from trying terrorism suspects.
The judge also held that there was nothing in the Constitution barring State Houses of Assembly from legislating on terrorism, saying the issue is not on the exclusive legislative list.
In the wake of the massacre, the DSS arrested the quartet of Isa Umar Ibrahim, Adamu Isa Alhassan, Auwalu Abubakar aka Auwalu Dogo, and Musa Abubakar Ibrahim aka Yaroro. Thereafter, the state government filed terrorism charges against the men.
However, in the course of trial, counsel to the defendants raised objections on the issue of jurisdiction, arguing that, under the TPPA, a State High Court lacked the jurisdiction to try the accused persons. They argued that, since the charges against the men are terrorism, the state high Court lacked the jurisdiction to entertain the matter.
Ruling on the objection on the issue of jurisdiction raised by counsel to the defendants, the trial judge,
The judge held that, even though the TPPA, 2022, is a federal legislation, the law, however, didn’t prohibit a State High Court from prosecuting matters contained in the Act.
On whether the suspects could also be tried under the Plateau State Penal Code, the trial judge held that State penal code is not inconsistent with the TPPA, and that both the National and State Assemblies can validly legislate on terrorism which the judge stressed is not in the exclusive legislative list.
The court also
rejected a motion by the third defendant, Auwalu Abubakar,
for transfer from the custody of the DSS to seek medical attention at the Jos University Teaching Hospital (JUTH).
The judge held that, upon the suspects’ arrest by the DSS, a medical examination was conducted, and that the result declared them all medically fit for detention.
In rejecting the motion seeking the third defendant’s transfer to JUTH, he judge also held the court cannot grant a relief upon documents that are not placed before it. The defendant applicant, he stated, failed to furnish the court with the report upon which he sought the relief.
“Motion of the defendant is hereby refused and dismissed for failure to establish sufficient factual foundation upon which the relief is sought,” said the judge, even as he adjourned the matter to 15 and 21 October 2026.

Continue Reading

Uncategorized

DSS Releases, Compensates Artisan Cleared of Links With Terrorists

Published

on

The Director-General of the Department of State Services (DSS), Oluwatosin Adeola Ajayi, has ordered the immediate release of a carpenter, Mustapha Marwana, who was cleared of allegations linking him to terrorist activities.

According to a security source, the release followed a thorough investigation of his case by a DSS investigation panel, which established that Katsina -born Mustapha is not a member of any terrorist organisation and had no operational links with the Ansaru terrorist group.

Mustapha was arrested in connection with the abduction and killing of school pupils and teachers in Oriire LGA, Oyo State. He was subsequently subjected to thorough investigation to establish the extent, if any, of his involvement in the activities under investigation, offered the source.

“Following the review, investigators found no evidence linking the carpenter to membership, financing, logistics or operational activities of the terrorist group.

“Consequently, the DSS DG ordered his immediate release and approved the payment of initial N3 million as compensation to assist him in meeting his immediate needs and restarting livelihood.

“Mustapha was subsequently released to his lawyer, Oghene Forgive, who received him following his discharge from custody,” stated the source.

Continuing, the source said Mustapha expressed appreciation to the DG for what he described as a compassionate and humane intervention.
“He prayed for Allah’s guidance and protection of the DSS leadership, stating that the gesture has given him an opportunity to rebuild his life,” the source stated.

Oghene Forgive, who received Mustapha upon his release also thanked the DG for his generosity and dedication to establishing Mustapha’s innocence.

The source added that the compensation was part of measures being adopted by the current DSS leadership to support persons cleared after investigations and facilitate their reintegration into society.

The source recalled the N20 million compensation the DSS DG handed a Sokoto-based businessman who was accidentally shot and injured in 2016, during a pre-dawn raid in Jos due to mistaken identity.

He also recalled the case of an Abuja-based businesswoman Chineze Ozoadibe the DG ordered her released and paid N10 million as compensation in October 2025 after reviewing her case.

According to the source, “since his appointment as DSS DG, Mr. Tosin Ajayi has been balancing national security responsibilities with respect for the rights and dignity of citizens, resulting in the payment of over N300 million as compensation.

“There are many more instances where DSS investigations have established innocence and have been followed by efforts to facilitate reintegration. These are the kind of measures through which the Service is strengthening public confidence and building trust,” the source declared.

Continue Reading

Trending

Copyright © 2017 Zox News Theme. Theme by MVP Themes, powered by WordPress.