x

Anthony Joshua fight set for London Dec. 12 – Pulev reveals

Ulgarian Kubrat Pulev will take on heavyweight boxing’s world champion Anthony Joshua in London on Dec. 12, the International Boxing Federation (IBF) mandatory challenger said on Monday.

The 39-year-old had been scheduled to meet Joshua on June 20 but the fight was postponed due to the COVID-19 outbreak.

“No turning back, no procrastination! Kubrat Pulev vs Anthony Joshua! The date is December 12th and the place is London!,” the Bulgarian, known as ‘The Cobra’, said on his facebook page.

He added on his website (www.kubratpulev.com) that “the date and place of the event are now final and not subject to change, and both parties have signed the official contract.”

Joshua, 30, defeated Mexican-American Andy Ruiz Jr in a rematch in Saudi Arabia last December to win back his IBF, WBA, WBO and IBO titles.

The Briton was initially due to fight Pulev at Cardiff’s Principality Stadium in October 2017 but the Bulgarian withdrew after suffering a shoulder injury in sparring.

Pulev challenged for the IBF world heavyweight title in 2014, losing to Wladimir Klitschko in Hamburg on a fifth-round knockout.

Hot this week

A”ibom confident of April target for Int’l flights.as VAIA recieves Boarding Bridges

By Ogenyi Ogenyi, UyoAkwa Ibom government has expressed confidence...

David Raya Urges Arsenal F.C. To Stay Fearless in Title Race

David Raya has called on Arsenal to embrace the...

Diri Inaugurates APC Coordinators, Warns Against Division

Bayelsa State Governor, Senator , has inaugurated local government...

Endorsements Gather Momentum for Governor Alex Otti Ahead of 2027

Recent political events in Abia State have seen a...

Kano Assembly Speaker Extends Ramadan Greetings to Muslim Faithful

By Jabiru HassanThe Speaker of the , Rt. Hon....

Kaduna Gov Uba Sani Pledges No Demolition Without Compensation

By Achadu Gabriel, KadunaKaduna State Governor, , has assured...

YDV Commends Tinubu’s Security Measures, Urges Increased Focus on Kwara State

The socio-political organization, (YDV), has commended President for his...

Union Newspapers Alleges El-Rufai Dragged Them to Court for Six Years Over N90bn Asset Report

By Achadu Gabriel, KadunaThe has accused former Kaduna State...

FERMA Proposes ₦229.999 Billion 2026 Budget, Calls for Enhanced Legislative Support

By Jabiru HassanThe (FERMA) has submitted a proposed budget...

Defence beyond Guns: Why Human Life Matters 

    By Abu Jemimah Lami Defence is often imagined...

Press Release

Amotekun Condemns ‘Gestapo-Style’ Arrest of Operative by Zone 11...

Related Articles

Popular Categories

spot_imgspot_img